What’s the trick for Hut PPP gloss?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Has anybody used Hut PPP gloss with any success? I don't use it on pens but have tried it on other small turnings and while the satin adds a nice glow, I find that using the gloss afterwards doesn't seem to do much, if anything, more. I saw a video where Tim Yoder used it and the piece looked fantastic. Yet when I try I get no real difference. Finishing is my strong suit with this hobby, I get a nice smooth piece that's adequately sealed and free of scratches yet I can't get the gloss to shine like his no matter what I try. Thanks for any help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Going along for the ride ... and possibly some help with my own finishing techniques.

TonyL

I have their white diamond and there ultra gloss liquid. While not what you were inquiring about, I would be delighted to send you some their Ultra high gloss polish. I was never impressed with it, but many have great results. Send me a pm with your address and I will mail you some (if you want).

I have their white diamond and there ultra gloss liquid. While not what you were inquiring about, I would be delighted to send you some their Ultra high gloss polish. I was never impressed with it, but many have great results. Send me a pm with your address and I will mail you some (if you want).

Thanks for the very kind offer Tony. I've been using Novus 2 & 3 for probably 20 years now with great success so I see no need to try any other polishes. I used to build mainly WWII planes and nothing gave a smoother surface in preparation for painting, I figured it would work great on resin and wasn't let down. If you haven't tried those two, I highly recommend them. I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like to try them out. As for the PPP gloss, I'll consider it a lesson learned. I get a far better shine with homemade friction polish.

TonyL

Thanks for the very kind offer Tony. I've been using Novus 2 & 3 for probably 20 years now with great success so I see no need to try any other polishes. I used to build mainly WWII planes and nothing gave a smoother surface in preparation for painting, I figured it would work great on resin and wasn't let down. If you haven't tried those two, I highly recommend them. I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like to try them out. As for the PPP gloss, I'll cons
ider it a lesson learned. I get a far better shine with homemade friction polish.

You are very welcome. I have 1,2. and 3 too. When i don't use my buffer, I use Meguiar's 105 and 205. If you lived closer, I would send you my Novus 3 abd 2.

Thanks for the very kind offer Tony. I've been using Novus 2 & 3 for probably 20 years now with great success so I see no need to try any other polishes. I used to build mainly WWII planes and nothing gave a smoother surface in preparation for painting, I figured it would work great on resin and wasn't let down. If you haven't tried those two, I highly recommend them. I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like to try them out. As for the PPP gloss, I'll cons
ider it a lesson learned. I get a far better shine with homemade friction polish.

You are very welcome. I have 1,2. and 3 too. When i don't use my buffer, I use Meguiar's 105 and 205. If you lived closer, I would send you my Novus 3 abd 2.

No worries, I bought the big bottles and have plenty left. If you prefer the Meguiar's I may give it a try. Their Gold Class made my black truck look wet!

Top Bottom