Went to an auction last weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TowMater

And picked up this beast, a Powermatic PM15 planer/molder for $400.00. List cost on Amazon is $2399.00 so even after spending $80.00 on blades and $38.00 on some Gibs I think I came out ok! I've been wanting to replace my DW733 for a while, so it'll be goin on craigslist after I get this one all operational with the new blades.

IMG_2137.jpg

If you look to the lower left of the picture you can see the sled that came with the machine for molding purposes. It was setup for molding operations, and I'm not sure the other folks at the auction realized it was a planer/molder.

I have about 600 bf of walnut to run through there after I get it down to my basement shop, which will happen this weekend. I have a young man stopping by for a penturning demo who has agreed to help me and my neighbor wrestle this thing around to the walkout and into the shop. 550 lbs of iron takes some muscle to move!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Good deal! I have a love affair with anything Powermatic. What they lack in creativity and ingenuity (and they sometimes do-my 3520A has the digital readout facing AWAY from me! What Hillbilly came up with that idea?!) they make up for in sheer brute force and bulk. I can't think of a single homeowner-class of machinery that compares to Powermatic in the weight/power/force category.

Nice machine, wish I woulda found it. It's got another hundred years on it.

Dale

Top Bottom