Well, I still remember how to install a stock center band......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

1016617_537915316268538_1005244135_n.jpg

998668_537915322935204_748840176_n.jpg

1011298_537915326268537_543155114_n.jpg

This is cross-cut red cedar. I dropped the tree on Thursday as part of a job I took on helping a friend's parents clean up a HUGE mess in time to get the wood chipper back to the rental place. Dad dried and stabilized it over the course of Saturday, and I figured that it was a good time to see what it looked like on the inside. I had to learn how to run a blank down to bushings on the skew, the tool I DO know how to use was blowing huge chunks out, so I got that handled after hitting the "JUST WALK AWAY FOR A MINUTE" wall. Didn't turn out too bad, I know where I have room for improvement with the tool and the process.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Just saw it on Facebook earlier. I like it. Cross cut really brings out a different look and the finish makes it look good. Good use of FOG wood.
I think the CB is on upside down!!!:biggrin:
gordon

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

Just saw it on Facebook earlier. I like it. Cross cut really brings out a different look and the finish makes it look good. Good use of FOG wood.
I think the CB is on upside down!!!:biggrin:
gordon

Oh, Jeebus.... There's a good chance you're right. I haven't used a stock center band in so long I forgot to check. Got caught up in the dark art of either deleting them or making them custom.....

BSea

CA is your friend with CC cedar. Even then it can be frustrating. Good job on the pen, but flyitfast is right, the centerband is upside down. . . . . . . . . might be inside out too.:biggrin:

Drstrangefart

CA is your friend with CC cedar. Even then it can be frustrating. Good job on the pen, but flyitfast is right, the centerband is upside down. . . . . . . . . might be inside out too.:biggrin:

Dad stabilized these blanks with Cactus Juice. It doesn't soak up any CA when you put it down on there.

sbwertz

I love the lavender cedar. Some of my red ceder has that beautiful lavender tint to it. Beautiful pen.

ChrisN

The pen looks nice, but are you sure you got the right CB?:biggrin::biggrin: No, seriously now:rolleyes:, I thought that style of centerband came with the "fancy" slimlines with the different clip style, not the standard clip with the black line on it.

Drstrangefart

The pen looks nice, but are you sure you got the right CB?:biggrin::biggrin: No, seriously now:rolleyes:, I thought that style of centerband came with the "fancy" slimlines with the different clip style, not the standard clip with the black line on it.

Good eye. It DID come from a different stock kit. I have a tub full of them from making almost exclusively custom or deleted center band Slims over the last few years.

Top Bottom