Well done it.......................... at last

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Here we go manage to understand this photo software between work, I did upload some photos in my Album and would like to show you 2 of them, lots are on film still so will upload sooner, all comments are welcome + or - . one question ...How can I take the black background off the picture ? I use Irfanview software, I suppose some of you use it to, so any help will be welcome, Thanks.

Thank for looking

Serge

200522123159_blackwatle%20pen.jpg

This is an Americana Blackwatle twist pen .

20052212334_hairy%20oak%20pen.jpg

This is an Hairy Oak Slimeline .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dmadis

There should be a control for cropping. You use your mouse to outline the part you want as the picture (click the left mouse button, hold it down and spread the rectangle to include what you want), then cut it to the clipboard, close the original picture, then paste the part you just cut and save it.
The control will probably look like this (second one up from the magnifying glass), a square which when you click on it allows your mouse to do as above.

<p align="center">
2005221232849_view.jpg
<br />
So you end up with a different picture than you started with but only showing what you wanted:

200522123387_Untitled.jpg
<br />

It just ain't fair that you guys got wood called Hairy Oak and Tasmanian Blackwood, Lacy Sheoak and Curly Jara. We have to put up with maple, walnut, alder, pine, gum and so on.

I saw the photo of that block of Hairy Oak. Now that is one interesting piece of wood. Does the tree growing in the wild look like that? Can an ordinary Bloke go off some place and cut him a tree down?

Darley

Originally posted by dmadis
<br />There should be a control for cropping. You use your mouse to outline the part you want as the picture (click the left mouse button, hold it down and spread the rectangle to include what you want), then cut it to the clipboard, close the original picture, then paste the part you just cut and save it.
The control will probably look like this (second one up from the magnifying glass), a square which when you click on it allows your mouse to do as above.

&lt;p align="center"&gt;
2005221232849_view.jpg
<br />
So you end up with a different picture than you started with but only showing what you wanted:

200522123387_Untitled.jpg
<br />

Hi dmadis I do like you say but don't have the left bar you show me, how do you get it, obvouisly you use irfanview to , BTW nice of you to trim the edge of the Hairy Oak pen, TA. ( TA = Thank you, Australian slang [:)] )

Darley

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />It just ain't fair that you guys got wood called Hairy Oak and Tasmanian Blackwood, Lacy Sheoak and Curly Jara. We have to put up with maple, walnut, alder, pine, gum and so on.

I saw the photo of that block of Hairy Oak. Now that is one interesting piece of wood. Does the tree growing in the wild look like that? Can an ordinary Bloke go off some place and cut him a tree down?

Mac I understand your felling about our wood here but don't forget that you in the State got some good wood to, who are very nice ( especialy the spalted one ) and I can't get any because of our custom ( like wise for antle [:(] ), to answer to your question if you can cut down any tree or branch that is a big " NO " Australian gorvement put news laws to save native trees ( BIG LOL ) so you can't cut any wood anywhere with out a permit unless you know some friends who trim they block of land or building developer clearing a land and they put an add into the news paper " free fire wood, bring your chain saw " then you make the HAPPINESS of your chain saw [:D], I'm looking for some Hairy Oak and not easy to come by

Serge

its_virgil

Serge,
Nice looking pens and wood choices. I too saw the chunk of hairy oak..I must turn the hairy oak blank you sent. The camphor laurel smells wonderful. Each time I open the drawer where I have them stored the aroma is magnificant. I must catch the shavings when I turn the camphor. Look for a package in 4 weeks or so.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

SoCalSteve

Serge,

If you are using Irfanview, you won't see a toolbar for cropping. To crop the photo, just click and draw a box that encompasses the part of the photo you want to keep. Click on the Edit menu and select "Crop Selection."

Hope that helps. BTW, very nice pens. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom