Weight of Desire vs. Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a nice component set for a fountain pen that is lighter than the Jr Gent, but I want it to be really high quality. I think the Desire fits that bill, but Im not sure because I don't know how much it weighs. Anybody want to chip in and let me know if they have one, how much it weighs and what the body is made of? Thank you in advance!

David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

The desire is made from Stainless Steel. I don't have a scale, for my unscientific comparison with one in each hand suggests it is a little lighter, but it's pretty close.

-Barry

zig613

David...

The JR II (postable model) from CSUSA weighs 39 grams and the Desire from Lazerline weighs 45 grams. This includes the plastic bag(s), refill, parts and tubes. The Desire is made of stainless steel and is a excellent kit.

Wade

Thank you both! The Desire is an great kit. I have never made one, but I am sure it is. I am really looking at the weight factor for my boss, who is a smaller lady and I believe would prefer a lighter pen than the Jr. Gent. I will have to look at others.

vanngo5d

Try taking a look at the new series style @ bearahardwoods.com.it's smaller than the Wall Street II, but a nice pen overall.

Don Vann

broitblat

Weight will also be driven by the material you turn. For example, trustone or M3 are likely heavier than a medium density wood, so try comparing potential turning material.

-Barry

Top Bottom