Weekend casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Yes, it was hot here in Texas over the weekend. The blanks were curing FAST! 8 sets of slims, 6 sets of cigars and 10 sierras. Sorry, all are sold. :biggrin:
For those of you who will be attending SWAT in Waco, Tx I will have blanks with me. Thanks for looking.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 272
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yes, it was hot here in Texas over the weekend. The blanks were curing FAST! 8 sets of slims, 6 sets of cigars and 10 sierras. Sorry, all are sold. :biggrin:
For those of you who will be attending SWAT in Waco, Tx I will have blanks with me. Thanks for looking.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hahahah, sorry but when I saw your post, I had to do this...!

A great bunch of castings for a weekend's work, I show you some pics that I took last night, of a weeks casting, I had to put them away as a nasty storm was coming over and the last one almost blow the old work-shed away so, I took them to the lolly-shop shed, where they will continue to dry and be safer...!

I hope you don't mind...!:wink::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 229
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 237

robutacion

Don't mind George. You blanks look great! Thanks for sharing them.
BTW....you win!!:biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I do win...???? I didn't know that was a competition on it...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Is not often that I gather that many cast blanks in one go but, someone in your country decided to empty me out a couple of weeks ago and all of a certain, I didn't have much left to offer so, with the weather being an absolutely nightmare, to be outside in the "elements", cold, rain, strong winds...!:mad: I made the most of it by staying in the work-shed doing castings, the only problem was/is the high humidity % playing havoc with my woods, particularly the stabilised ones, drying/curing times change significantly with this sort of weather as my work-shed is quite open, something nice in summer (breeze) and a natural air blower to get the "fumes" away from my nose (or push them against it, sometimes :mad:...!).

A couple of years ago, I bought a large rattle snake skin from our member "Joe" the desert Ironwood man, the skin was obviously treated and I got it to make a few blanks with it for myself but, when I received it, I liked it too much to cut it up into pieces so, it was hang on the living-room wall, with the use of some double side tape, it looks great and visitors like to play with the snake tail rattle that amazingly, still produces a very real sound as if was still alive.

Every time I see snake skin blanks here, I think of Joe and my skin, I never had one of your blanks but I've seen plenty of pens made with them and I know that you make some of the best, there is...!

Thank you for allowing my friendly "intrusion"...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

its_virgil

The weekend temps here in N Texas were over 100 and the blanks were curing FAST. I normally use hot water in my ultrsonic cleaner but the water in it was already hot. :biggrin:

Friendly intrusions always welcome. Thanks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Every time I see snake skin blanks here, I think of Joe and my skin, I never had one of your blanks but I've seen plenty of pens made with them and I know that you make some of the best, there is...!

Thank you for allowing my friendly "intrusion"...!:)

Cheers
George

Russknan

Inspiring work from BOTH of you! Thanks, both Don and George, for giving the rest of us something to aspire to. Russ

Top Bottom