Wedding gift Critiques welcom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Pen I made today for a fellow coach who is getting married Saturday. It is deer antler and cherry with a rifle clip. I chose that combo because he couldn't decide if he would want a cherry pen or antler pen. I just combined them.

2005621195348_westweb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Nice workmanship but the material combo does not work for me. I may be bias I love Cherry for flat wood project or bigger turning but not so much for pens. Oh yeah and what happened to the clip?

JimGo

Coach,
I like the curve to the lower berrel, but the upper barrel doesn't quite seem to flow into the finial. I agree wuth Mike, too; the colors don't quite work together for me (personal taste issue, though, so easily discounted). On the plus side, the finish looks great on both parts!

coach

I agree with the wood combination. I just know it is what he will like. He may be the only person who has told me they really like Cherry pens. Nothing happened to the clip. I think the angle makes it look strange. I usually don't try antler this porous, but after seeing Eagle's pens I thought I'd try it. I like the look and the finish came out great on the antler. Thanks for your honest comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom