Wedding Egg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
A guy at work is getting married this weekend, so I made this memento for him and his bride.

Pierced image of bride and groom on a goose egg.

Attachments

• Wedding Egg 01.jpg
    Wedding Egg 01.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Beautiful work. Way too delicate for these old hands and tired eyes. The couple will cherish the gift for many years. Congratulations.
Charles

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone!

Fred - There is a hole in the base where the egg guts were removed, so one could put an LED light down there to light the interior. There are LED egg stands on the market, but in this case I procrastinated to long to get something like that. I should probably just order a couple of them to try when doing photos.

airrat

Your eggs look really good Eric. Something else you can use your engraver for is engraving into your pens. I have used mine to do stuff like that, then fill it with epoxy

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Your eggs look really good Eric. Something else you can use your engraver for is engraving into your pens. I have used mine to do stuff like that, then fill it with epoxy

Good idea, I had not considered epoxy. I had been thinking about getting

http://www.amazon.com/3-2dD-Crystal-Lacquer-6-2dpk-2e-Essential/dp/B000S10E2A

I've seen folks use these to fill in the pierced areas to create a stained glass look.

So far the only thing I've tried with this tool on a pen is stippling patterns then airbrushing with an interferance color to create shimmering colors only where the bur touched wood.

Woodlvr

Beautiful work. Isn't that a pen stand?:wink: I could not hold a tool still enough to cut a straight line. That will make a gorgeous wedding gift.

Top Bottom