Website question (sold items)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

I'm relatively new to the whole web site stuff. I've had it up for a while, but haven't released it to the public yet (trying to build an inventory first).

My question is, when an item is sold, do y ou take the whole thing down from the site or do you just modify the picture to say "sold" so that, if somebody else likes it, it can be re-ordered?

Thanks,
Nic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

healeydays

I would leave it up with a sold, and have a if interested, shoot me a note flag on it. If you take it down, how will folks even know you ever offered one like that?

Turned Around

I would leave it up with a sold, and have a if interested, shoot me a note flag on it. If you take it down, how will folks even know you ever offered one like that?

That was my thought, but I didn't want to over crowd my site with sold items. Maybe have a sold section? Just move everything to one designated area once it's sold.

walshjp17

Nice web site Nic and nice pens as well. Not sure why you are waiting, you seem to have quite an inventory built up already.

BradG

That was my thought, but I didn't want to over crowd my site with sold items. Maybe have a sold section? Just move everything to one designated area once it's sold.

Rather than a sold section, why not a gallery of your work with as mentioned previously a get in touch if you like this design on each one. I think people may be put off and skip browsing through a sold section like that. just my two cents

Turned Around

Nice web site Nic and nice pens as well. Not sure why you are waiting, you seem to have quite an inventory built up already.

Thanks. I've been waiting to be able to put up some stylus' I made a couple weeks ago (made about 50 of them in one, tiresome sitting). Plus, I have no bottle stoppers on there, of which I have about 15 at home that I need to take pictures of. I also want to go back and take pictures of all the items on my site (got a better camera since then) and replace them with better lit ones.

Honestly, I also have the slight fear, that (if it takes off and people start buying my items), it might take the fun out of a hobby I truly enjoy. I don't want to HAVE to make anything. I don't want to see my hobby become a job.

Actually you should show stock level as to how many is available. if the Item is at 0 then you should have a "disclaimer" basically saying that when at zero there maybe a delay of up to 4-6 weeks for delivery. and for a nominal fee a different material or species of wood perhaps can be used

its_virgil

There are so many ways to handle this. I say pick a solution that works for you. Does it really matter what others do? If you are looking for suggestions then here is what I do. I offer only pens that are made and ready to ship. I do not have 30 pen styles with drop downs asking to choose between 6 platings, 50 woods, 45 acrylics, 4 gift boxes, and engraving. When a pen sells I replace the pen with another changeling the info and price as needed. Sold pens go into a gallery with information on how to order a similar pen. You must be quick to change or the pen may sell again and then you have a pen to make.
Good luck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Turned Around

I'm the same way. All of the items on my site are ready to ship right now. I think I am leaning more towards the "sold Gallery" idea.

Top Bottom