We have a convert!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

My granddaughter Becca won second place in the youth contest. Her prize was a box of kits. I offered to just pay her for the kiit so she could take the money. She said no way I want to turn more pens with you!

Here is the first one she turned from that box of kits:

PXL_20240314_180711945.jpg

PXL_20240314_180655364.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

That's awesome Steve!
I love it when young people (who mostly communicate electronically) show an interest in making writing instruments!!

Lew

You have taught her well, Obi Wan Kenobi. The force is strong with this one! Good looking pen, in other words, and you taught her well.

lyonsacc

Enjoy it! My daughter (also Becca) won some prizes a number of years ago. She will be graduating college this spring. Needless to say, she has only turned a couple of items over the college years, but she is looking forward to turning some this summer once school is done (and she will be living here for a period of time). She has collected a handful of special blanks (mostly historical) over the last few years that she is eager to turn into pens.

SteveJ

One of the fun things about this pen is her intention to give it to her great grandfather! He doesn't need any more pens, but how can he refuse such a gift (he is likely to also pay her something for it since he is usually looking for reasons to give his family some green encouragement.

Top Bottom