Wave Bowl 2.0

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
My second Wave Bowl, the first one sold at a charity auction for around $1000, so I decided to make another. I like this one better. Sycamore, pierced and airbrushed. Around 8" (20cm) across. EM6000 Waterborne Lacquer finish.

Attachments

• Wave Bowl 02.jpg
    Wave Bowl 02.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

With one of these, maybe not Eric but its what I use.
Lin.

Attachments

• product_104_sml.jpg
    product_104_sml.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 102

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Lorbay is close, I do use a high speed dental type hand-piece. In my case, I use an NSK Presto. The two tools are pretty much identical in function, mine works more like a pen, but they fundamentally use the same 1/16" carbide burs at 300,000+ RPM.

I bet Lorbay got his from OneGoodTurn.ca I've never used that model, but Brian McEvoy has a good reputation for quality tools and videos.

I actually donated two pierced pieces and six conventional bowls which brought in a total of $2500 for the charity. I think this is probably way over market, which is unusual for charity auctions.

lorbay

Lorbay is close, I do use a high speed dental type hand-piece. In my case, I use an NSK Presto. The two tools are pretty much identical in function, mine works more like a pen, but they fundamentally use the same 1/16" carbide burs at 300,000+ RPM.

I bet Lorbay got his from OneGoodTurn.ca I've never used that model, but Brian McEvoy has a good reputation for quality tools and videos.

I actually donated two pierced pieces and six conventional bowls which brought in a total of $2500 for the charity. I think this is probably way over market, which is unusual for charity auctions.

Actually I got mine on Ebay 6 pack for $150.00. Gave one to my dentist and asked him to try it. He said not nearly the quality of his $1,500.00 ones but he said should serve me fine for what I am doing. Lol

Lin.

Top Bottom