Watermelon Rind?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I made this one over the weekend from some material I won as a doorprize at the last MPG. I showed it to my wife, who never has a problem letting me know exactly what she thinks of my work. She said it looked like a watermelon rind pen. :laugh: I guess that's as good a description as any. What do you think? Any comments :bad: or :good: welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2047-alt.jpg
    IMG_2047-alt.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2048-alt.jpg
    IMG_2048-alt.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

That's very cool! I don't even remember seeing that blank. Nice to see you showing off your work! Practicing for a PITH?

mbroberg

That's very cool! I don't even remember seeing that blank. Nice to see you showing off your work! Practicing for a PITH?

Actually Eric, this was going to be my PITH pen but I decided to hang on to it. Pleanty of time to make something else. :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It is very, ummmmm, well exceptionally.........ummmmmmmm

GREEN,
That's it
It's REAL GREEN,
Mike

(That's a good thing these days, right??)

mbroberg

Fabulous looking pen Mike - if it were ANY other color! Sorry, but that one doesn't do it for me at all.

It is very, ummmmm, well exceptionally.........ummmmmmmm

GREEN,
That's it
It's REAL GREEN,
Mike

(That's a good thing these days, right??)

LOL!!

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Thanks for all the feedback! :biggrin: It is.....different.

low_48

That is a beaut Mike. Beautiful pen! Anyone know the history of that blank? Just another reason to plan on coming to MPG2013. Great door prizes!

Brooks803

Looks great Mike! The blank was one of my donations. Just an acrylic rod I got as a freebie from a guy I bought alot of stuff from. Happy to see it put to good use!

oneptbuk

Gotta respectfully disagree with the asst moderator since green is my favorite color!! Love that blank; it's got a cool Frankensteiny, Halloweeny, gobliny vibe to it!!

Great pen, and love the shape and form as well.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Gotta respectfully disagree with the asst moderator since green is my favorite color!! Love that blank; it's got a cool Frankensteiny, Halloweeny, gobliny vibe to it!!

Great pen, and love the shape and form as well.

Oh, I'm sure there is many that will love it, and I'm ok with that. There is a pink and green combo blank that sells well for me, but I don't like that one either. Given how sharp that pen is, I'm sure I'm in the minority!

Looking at the pen again, it reminds me of the M logo for that Monster energy drink.

mrburls

I think I may have some of this material I got from overseas when buying a lot of resin rods.
I've got to take a look this weekend.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom