Water Slide sheets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I haven't done much with them, but i bought some decal sheets that can be printed up with an ink jet printer at Staples. Is that what you mean? I don't know if that would be the "Best" place to buy them, but it is a place.

pensmyth

I haven't done much with them, but i bought some decal sheets that can be printed up with an ink jet printer at Staples. Is that what you mean? I don't know if that would be the "Best" place to buy them, but it is a place.

Check out this link http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/10.htm

Or go to your local hobby store and look in the model section. Testors sells decal paper and the fixing agent for it too

moke

Gary--
It depends on what you want to do---normal ink jet printers are not capable of putting white on the decal. If you have light colors you need an "alps" printer. I only know this because I used to help a guy make 1/43rd size police cars. I know that the printer was $1600.00. That guy sold it, so maybe someone else on the site can help out with a contact to find you someone that can help. There was a huge difference in the quality of the decals.
Mike aka:Moke

Gary Max

The decale sheets arrived today and after messing around trying to format the pic I am going to see if I can get someone else to take care of printing, maybe Office Max or someone like that??????

leestoresund

I'm not very computer savvy anymore. Not since they did away with DOS.
Anyway I solved 3/4th' s of my printing problem by first "printing" or saving them as a pdf. Then print from the pdf
Also make sure that you set your printer up for its best quality and photo paper.
Then make sure you set the decal with clear acrylic spray paint. Else the ink on the decal comes right off.

I won't go into how many times I tried before I got an acceptable decal on a blank.

Lee

AceMrFixIt

Gary,
I have done alot of decals. I use Office Powerpoint to arrange them for printing. You dont have to deal with line spacing like on Word. http://www.decalpaper.com/ is a good place to buy. The sheets are the same size as paper so just drop it in the printer. If you want to, PM me the design and specs. and I will lay it out for you on PP.

leestoresund

I've been trying to apply the decals to some pen blanks.
Got the decal from decalpapers
The design is the Viet Nam Campaign ribbon so it is easy to line up.
I am having just the hardest time getting the decal to slide easily off the backing and then onto the blank.
The blank is mostly uniform, little smaller at the cap than at the base.
Ive turned some clear acrylic to size and the brass tube does not interfere with the yellow, red and green so long as it is printed on white decal paper.
First thing, the edge that comes off the paper first curls (under)
so I really don't get a smooth transition.
Second, the decal does not come off uniformly which results in some stretching. Would it help to put glycerin in the water?
I've also turned light wood to size and painted it with white primer to have a smooth surface.
I did get one that I thought was perfect and when I polished it the tube got hot and slide down in the acrylic blank.
These are going to my friends with the CIB so I want them to be near perfect.

renowb

I found out that I have to print several decals to get 2-3 good prints. I use the Photo Pro setting on my printer. Don't know if you have that or not. Once printed let them dry and then coat them with a fixative or acrylic spray from Krylon.

The decale sheets arrived today and after messing around trying to format the pic I am going to see if I can get someone else to take care of printing, maybe Office Max or someone like that??????

hewunch

I use a color laser printer. I have found I can get several uses out of the same sheet. In other words, I print the decals near the top edge of the paper then trim off what I print and I can use the paper again. I got mine from ebay robyn's eggcetera I believe was the user. If you use a color laser use the plain paper setting as any other setting will melt the paper and it will not work right DAMHIKT

Top Bottom