Watch Gears and Aluminum on a Mag Cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

i spent a couple of hours bending watch gears by hand (gotta get me one of them shaping blocks), the dial was also interesting to bend, i only broke about 6 gears so all is good

the aluminum tape in the center of the Pen has been Textured which gives even greater character, the heavier tape at either end has been aged to stand apart from the rest

the component set is a magnetic cap similar to the Zen and is chrome plated

thanks for looking, C&C welcome

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4670edt.JPG
    DSCN4670edt.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN4672edt.JPG
    DSCN4672edt.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN4670edt2.JPG
    DSCN4670edt2.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MIKL

thanks for the feedback Guys

Very nice looking blank and well made too.:good::good: Not sure about the wavy kit clip though

Skip i tend to agree about the clip, so the next one i placed on a Zen, regardless it has sold already. just goes to show that everybody likes different things

MIK

OZturner

Another Home Run Mik.
Great Blank.
Superb Fit and Finish.
Regarding the Wavey Clip, I don't mind it, I think it would provide a better hold on the Shirt Pocket.
Just like the Greatest Revenue Invention in the World, the bend in "Bobby Pins" or "Hair Clips", as some people will call them. That provided a better hold on the Ladies Hair, so the bed was not filled with loose clips in the morning.
Terrific Work Mik.
Brian.

MIKL

Hi
This may sound daft but do you superglue the gears onto tubes ect
wullie

1 drop of CA where i want the gear to sit, drop it in place with tweasers and i press it down with a toothpick

the hardest part is bending the suckers with out them flying off into the never never, yes i have lost more than my fair share

MIK

Top Bottom