Walnut gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

A young fellow down the street has been cleaning our sidewalk after nearly every storm this winter. His parents won't let him take any money so I made this set for him. As a pen kit they are nothing special but this was some of the walnut burl I was given earlier this year. I was real happy with it. Got enough like this for about 20 pens and a larger piece about 3 ft, x 8" x 8" Haven't figured what to do with it yet but I can see at least 1 peppermill.

walnut%20set.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Great wood and very nicely done. I think he'll treasure it. Great job!

LeeR

A young fellow down the street has been cleaning our sidewalk after nearly every storm this winter. His parents won't let him take any money so I made this set for him.

A great lesson to be learned, both from the parents, and you. Pardon the pun, but:

"Do a good turn for a neighbor/friend, and they will do a good turn for you."

Seriously, though, I love to hear about stories like this. And great job on the pen/pencil set.

Fishinbo

Great gesture and the pens look great. Love the walnut, gorgeous grains and great fit and finish. They are better than cash for me. Great work!

birddog

Nice deed the neighbor boy did, even nicer of what you provided in return!
Next time he's out picking up branches, invite him (with parents permission) and show him how to use the lathe. He'll remember that for years to come.
Beautiful pen & pencil set!

Tim

OZturner

A Beautiful Pen & Pencil Set Rick,
Terrififc gesture to show your appreciation for his unselfish kindness,
Great Fit and Finish,
I am sure it will be a Gift he will Remember,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom