Wallstreet III With Feather Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Well after several failed attempts (read about it here http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27640) at a new way to cast my feather pens I finally had a success.

Wallstreet III with with blue and green nylong thread, gold metalic thread and gold tinsel. Four golden pheasant tippets, 2 white grizzly hackles and 2 yellow grizzly hackles.

(sorry about the hot spots in the pics, I need to reshoot)
IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

Comments/Critiques always appreciated ...

Happy Turning,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I like it overall, but I think the feathers are kind of lost and to me that's what makes a really unique pen- you don't see many pens made with feathers! But you seem to have to look really hard to find them. If I think of it as just a colorful pen, it's really pretty and the rings are perfectly spaced, but if I think of it as a feather pen, then I think the feathers are overtaken by the other things.[:)]

Shane

Thanks for the comments [:D]

Originally posted by angboy
<br />I like it overall, but I think the feathers are kind of lost and to me that's what makes a really unique pen- you don't see many pens made with feathers! But you seem to have to look really hard to find them. If I think of it as just a colorful pen, it's really pretty and the rings are perfectly spaced, but if I think of it as a feather pen, then I think the feathers are overtaken by the other things.[:)]
I agree with ya, its to busy. It looks a lot better in person, the feathers really pop out when ya roll it around in your hands.

Perhaps you would like this one better. Another one I turned this weekend.
Wallstreet III with about 50 white grizzly, 2 orange and 2 yellow.
You will notice the bottom of the blank is a little to fat. I didn't realize the new bushings for the Wallstreet III were different sizes, the top is bigger than the bottom, have to return this one.
IMG_0445.jpg

angboy

I do like the second one much better for showing off the feathers. And I really do like the first one- but just more as a colorful pen. On the second one though, you can see the feathers really well and the gold bands are kind of like accents for the feathers it looks like. [:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom