Wall Street II Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter everyone. I haven't been turning much the last few months due to orders for furniture.
I was asked to donate something for an upcoming art auction and decided on a couple of Wall Street II's from Woodcraft.
When it came time to assemble, I don't need my press. I can slide the nib and cap ends into the tube by hand. I hadn't noticed anything while turning the blanks, but going back and checking I found that the bushings are slightly loose in the tube.
So, what could I have done to cause this? I can't think of anything. I called the WC store and they will exchange the kits. I asked them to pull a kit and see if the ends slide into the tubes as mine do, they haven't had time to call back.
Thanks for any insight,
Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Ken, the only part that is a press fit is the cap/clip, then the barrel just slides over the front section. You got it right [:)]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Ken, the only part that is a press fit is the cap/clip, then the barrel just slides over the front section. You got it right [:)]
Thanks Anthony.
Geeze, I'm stupid![:eek:)] Going back to flat work as soon as I call Woodcraft and eat some crow for supper.[B)]
Ken

mrcook4570

I have made around twenty Sierras and all cap/clips pressed in with only finger pressure. So, I just add some epoxy to hold it in place.

PenWorks

Ken, I think everybody who makes that kit for the first time, thinks they screwed up, when the bottom just slides over the front section instead of being a press fit. I know I thought I blew it to [:D] Till I read the instructions after the fact.

Randy_

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />I have made around twenty Sierras and all cap/clips pressed in with only finger pressure. So, I just add some epoxy to hold it in place.

I use CA; but my experience is the same. The Sierra cap is pretty loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom