Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatLawson

Reminder:

Penturners Chat - Hostess: Pat Lawson

Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Time: 7:00PM - 8:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

Pat Lawson is hosting tonight. Come join the Tuesday nite voice chat for a whole hour of pen-making talk.

4:00 p.m. Honolulu time
7:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight
7:00 p.m. Arizona time
8:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight
9:00 p.m. Central Daylight
10:00 p.m.Eastern Daylight
10:00 p.m.Toronto Canada Daylight
12:00 noon Wednesday, Sydney Australia

INSTRUCTIONS:
To participate, you need to download and install Paltalk from
www.paltalk.com . Freeware version suffices. You should have a
microphone hooked up. Register the Paltalk software and verify
your audio settings in the software. Log onto PalTalk at a time
when the chat room is open and search in the "Miscellaneous"
groups category for "Penturners Chat". (You will only see it
listed when a moderator has opened the chat room.)
You can also participate by typing text replies and/or listen
in.

Hope to see you there!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

William Young

I wanted to participate so I downloaded it only to find that it loaded up my computer with a bunch of stuff I don't want including the addition of *My Search* tool bar . So I deleted the whole thing from programs but it left My Search tool bar there. I found that one in control panel and deleted it also.
Would have been nice to participate but not under those circumstances.
Best regards
W.Y.

its_virgil

Sorry to hear your report. But, none of that happened to me. I did remove some unwanted stuff and just left the palTalk software. It is really a good chat: very informative, relaxed, and enjoyable. It is neat to hear voices of those with whom we "finger-talk" daily.
do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by William Young
<br />I wanted to participate so I downloaded it only to find that it loaded up my computer with a bunch of stuff I don't want including the addition of *My Search* tool bar . So I deleted the whole thing from programs but it left My Search tool bar there. I found that one in control panel and deleted it also.
Best regards
W.Y.

Darley

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />It is really a good chat: very informative, relaxed, and enjoyable. It is neat to hear voices of those with whom we "finger-talk" daily.
do a good turn daily!
don

Correct Don, one day we will have video ( when it will be FREE [:D] )would be nice to have video conference, Sorry William did'nt have any problem to download the paltalk software, you should try again

esheffield

I know when I installed it somewhere along the way it presented a screen listing a number of items it could install. I can't remember, but if there was a choice at the beginning for "Custom" vs "Typical" or "Standard" install I always choose "Custom" so I can maybe catch stuff like that. "My Search" was the only one checked by default (kinda odd, those kind of things usually default everything). Anyway I just unchecked it and it was fine. Did add a bunch of shortcuts to the desktop, but just deleted those. I also use Mozilla as much as possible and one benefit is that crap like that gets added to Internet Exploder (er, Explorer) but usually not to Mozilla, so I rarely notice it. Kinda funny - sometimes when I do have to use IE thanks to a poorly designed site I'm sometimes surprised by funky toolbars and stuff I didn't even know were there! [;)]

Originally posted by William Young
<br />I wanted to participate so I downloaded it only to find that it loaded up my computer with a bunch of stuff I don't want including the addition of *My Search* tool bar . So I deleted the whole thing from programs but it left My Search tool bar there. I found that one in control panel and deleted it also.
Best regards
W.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom