Visiting San Antonio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

afsafe3

I will be at Lackland AFB San Antonio, Tx for a few weeks and looking for some demos, wood shows or classes going on during the month of September. I have only turned a few pens would like to turn other things bowls, vases, pepper mills, etc...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

Not sure oft hey are still a business or not since it was about 30 years ago, but there used to be a place in the old part of town called Alamo Hardwoods. They had every type of exotic wood you could only dream of. At the time, very reasonable priced. By the time I had left that place I had a load of wood and an empty wallet.

flyitfast

I will be at Lackland AFB San Antonio, Tx for a few weeks and looking for some demos, wood shows or classes going on during the month of September. I have only turned a few pens would like to turn other things bowls, vases, pepper mills, etc...

What dates are you going to be here. The Alamo Penturners monthly meeting is this coming week on Thursday Sept 6. We meet at Woodcraft on San Pedro at 6:30. It would be great if you can visit with us.
We also have our monthly Alamo Woodturners meeting on the fourth Thur at the same place and time.

Other cllubs in the area are in Kerrville TX (Hill Country Turners) and the Austin (Central Texas Woodturners) The Austin club meets on the 3rd Tue and the Hill Country Club meets on the 2nd Thur.

If you have any questions PM me.

Gordon

Rjweb

Check out woodcraft in San Antonio for classes they offer a lot of turning classes, and not far from lackland, sham I live outside San Antonio but will be back east for the next few weeks other wise we could have hooked up, RJ

tomtedesco

While on vacation I attended a meeting in Kerrville (Hill Country Turners), great people, a good demo, and a lot of food to sample.

dogcatcher

A warning, if it is raining watch for low water crossings, most of Texas cities do not have an underground drainage systems, so the streets turn into rivers.

Top Bottom