Virus allert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

A friend just sent me this email, and I know that he wouldn't be sending it, it he didn't think that is a risk so, read it, google/search this issue and take the steps you see necessary. If you believe, this a true announcement, make sure you let all your contacts know...!

URGENT, PLEASE READ. Not a joke.

THIS IS IMPORTANT

BEWARE and tell everybody you can think of!!!

Better to be safe than sorry

Dave' s brother is a very advanced programmer who does computer work for a living and has a high up status with Microsoft.

He doesn't send these if they aren't real. If He says this is for real, it for sure is. Be aware.

VIRUS COMING !

Hi All,

I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!

I checked Snopes , and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment

entitled POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK , regardless of who sent it to you.

It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e -mail address in his/her contact list.

This is the reason you need to send this e -mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive an email entitled "POSTCARD," even though it was sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of Virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.

REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I just did a quick search after I posted the contents of the announcement, and while I believe is an hoax,. in our days, these cases are more than possible so, take it with a grain of salt or not, is better to be safe than sorry and be aware what is going on, if it happens that, is is not true, we all will be better of.

One of my searches, took me to this site, please read, 'Postcard from Hallmark' Virus Hoax - Urban Legends

Cheers
George

MichaelD

I don't even go the links in the IAP vendor's newsletters. I'll visit the web site from my saved favorites and looked for their specials. That's how much I trust someone's emails.

monophoto

I do believe that there are serious viruses out there - just paid a lot of money to have a bunch removed from my wife's computer

But - - - when I see messages contain dire warnings in all caps that a forthcoming virus will turn my computer to toast, that recommends forwarding the message to everyone in my area code, that quote warnings from someone I have never heard of but referred to only by his first name, and who is reputed to be an expert, and with misspellings in the subject line, I tend to be skeptical.

robutacion

I do believe that there are serious viruses out there - just paid a lot of money to have a bunch removed from my wife's computer

But - - - when I see messages contain dire warnings in all caps that a forthcoming virus will turn my computer to toast, that recommends forwarding the message to everyone in my area code, that quote warnings from someone I have never heard of but referred to only by his first name, and who is reputed to be an expert, and with misspellings in the subject line, I tend to be skeptical.

And I couldn't agree more however, I once ignore a friendly warning and I got done pretty bad, my computer was never the same, since (now replaced...!) so, you think, is it true or is it false...???

As far as I'm concerned, is better safe than sorry so, you take it with skepticism but also with some precaution, and then let the truth to unveil itself, there are as many people out there making money out of creating new viruses, as they are people finding them and creating ways to destroy them so, and as I said, I take some extra precautions and then search for its validity.

I lose nothing that way, I may lose a lot if I don't care...!

Cheers
George

Joe S.

I would like to see what that kind of virus looks like! A bit of code that physically burns a hole in your hard drive sounds impressive!

Top Bottom