VIRGINIA STATE QUARTER!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

I just wanted to share the difficulty of this quarter with all as I progress thru the cutting process

please pardon the poor cropping of the photo,:biggrin:cant let too many people see my secrets!!! LOL

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• virginia qtr.jpg
    virginia qtr.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

believe me when I say that not everyone can do this. try cutting aluminum foil with a scroll saw.

ohiococonut

Wow. Such a tedious, time consuming job. And the detail.......is just amazing. I know what you have to do but I'm not even going to attempt it. I don't think I could see well enough to even thread the blade through the hole. Suffice to say you do a fantastic job and I love your work :)

seamus7227

I hope by showing the amount of attention to detail that goes into each quarter and blank that people can understand the reason my blanks are priced where they are.

seamus7227

talk about not blinking, how about sweat setting down my forehead as I'm making one of these cuts. no flinching whatsoever

seamus7227

FINISHED!!!!! I would love to know what everyone thinks?!

Attachments

• 2011-08-23 22.26.03-1.jpg
    2011-08-23 22.26.03-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 140

ohiococonut

Seamus I knew the first time I saw one it took a great deal of time, patience AND skill. You know how much time and material you've got in it. If others can't see or appreciate it, it's their loss. Don't underestimate your work. Like I said before. YOU, just like Brooks, Constant, Marla and several others here make it possible and easy for others to produce a beautiful pen.

Wow!

Outstanding Seamus!!! Your attention to detail is remarkable. I agree that you should not underestimate your work. You have a great skill there that I'm sure others can try to duplicate, but to get to your level takes time, and time is money (not to mention the actual money) . I think your pricing is fine. Keep up the great work! :biggrin:

Woodlvr

Awesome work. What brand of blades do you prefer? I scroll some holiday ornaments for our family. I shake to much to even consider trying to scroll metal. Your work is worth the cost.

Bill Sampson

Seamus,
The quarter looks great! I don't want any of you Virginia members to think you can get this piece. It is mine!! I am also anxious to see the Ohio one. The recipients of these pen gifts will be extremely pleased I'm sure.
Seamus, what ever the cost, it is worth it to me.
Thanks for your efforts.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

seamus7227

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE GRACIOUS REMARKS!!

Seamus,
The quarter looks great! I don't want any of you Virginia members to think you can get this piece. It is mine!! I am also anxious to see the Ohio one. The recipients of these pen gifts will be extremely pleased I'm sure.
Seamus, what ever the cost, it is worth it to me.
Thanks for your efforts.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

BILL, the added effort is on me for this one, I just had to know if I could do it! I wasn't planning on getting that ridiculous with the details:eek::rolleyes:

Top Bottom