Vintage Disston Lathe Chisels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike

Anyone have experience with Disston made in USA lathe chisels? These are for sale here in Albuquerque. Asking $125.
I don't really need them, but I love old well made tools.

Mike

Attachments

• 1693787811045.png
    1693787811045.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 91
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

Anyone have experience with Disston made in USA lathe chisels? These are for sale here in Albuquerque. Asking $125.
I don't really need them, but I love old well made tools.

Mike
I believe the are a German company... not sure on that one. They are not High Speed Steel (HSS). They'll be easy to sharpen but will dull quicker as well. If you just like to have old tools and display them... I think that would be a great thing.

Mike

Thanks for the info and link. I didn't notice they were not HSS. I am going to pass. I have enough of that old stuff that I don't use already. I don't have a man cave or anything where I would display things. My wife incredible at interior and exterior decorating and our house is beautiful inside and the yard too. I would not want to interfere, it is her hobby and her passion. I have my shop and all the tools out there.

Mike

BULLWINKLE

If l were you, I'd get them just to have. Since carbide chisels came out I gave up using HSS except for the skew.

Top Bottom