video casting tutorial pt 1&2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

pr tutorial

She, she, she, she.

It would sound a lot better if "she" had a name.

So far, as I am just getting into making my own blanks, I am learning from this video. Unfortunately, I don't have an assistant.

Part II?

Because I obviously don't know how long to wait before I mix in the second color nor what the consistency should be.

Lee

Celt40

Video 9/10 She 10/10.

This is great thanks Looking forward to part 2.

24 seconds in the assistant was called Emma. HE spoke in a clear American acent. Even I could here this and I am hearing this through SCOTTISH ears.

Dermot.

Last edited:

capcrnch

She, she, she, she.

Emma.. He mentioned it in the video.

I liked the vid.
It's great showing it (casting) done by someone who isn't an expert and is just "winging it" per say.. Looking forward to #2!

wood-of-1kind

Good video and I hope that you are "paying" your assistant a good wage. She deserves it. Looking forward to Part II. Thanks for taking the time to "do it".

leestoresund

OK.
As this is constructive criticism and not a rant, having read cptcrnch post I heard either Ima or Emma at almost 6 minutes into the video. I would not have noticed it if it had not been pointed out and I knew to listen for it.

Just personalizing it makes it more enjoyable.

Lee

concho_joe

Great job! Very helpful and nice to watch someone mix and pour!?!?! Its easy to read about all this but many people are nervous to take a leap in fear that they are not doing it right or that they may mess something up!
One peice of constructive critisim though and someone mentioned it before. Stability of camera would stabalize picture and make it pleasurable to watch (in a motion sense). If that makes sense!
Anyway GOOD JOB!

ZanderPommo

thanks to all who have viewed this video.
as for a tripod i definately agree, unfortunately i dont have one at this time.
The assistant is Emma, apologies for not making that clear. However assistant isnt really the best word for it as you can see in the video when i thought she added too much powder she turned out to be correct lol. we have two molds and usually we just take turns who gets to use the slab and she does all her stuff on her own so maybe i should promote her to expert!:biggrin:

keithkarl2007

thanks to all who have viewed this video.
as for a tripod i definately agree, unfortunately i dont have one at this time.
The assistant is Emma, apologies for not making that clear. However assistant isnt really the best word for it as you can see in the video when i thought she added too much powder she turned out to be correct lol. we have two molds and usually we just take turns who gets to use the slab and she does all her stuff on her own so maybe i should promote her to expert!:biggrin:

She definitely deserves promoting. Cool vid looking forward to part 2

bgibb42

Great video. One question--how hot or how long to you heat the water in the cups you're using to warm the resin?

Hi thanks what Ive been after a practical demo of stages of casting are you going to use different types of moulds ie PVC tubes looking forward to more demos
thanks
wullie
awe ra best fae Scotland

Tony's Pens

Nice Video. I am so much looking forward to part 2. Can we assume since you are still in High School, Emma is your special friend. If so you need to learn early that Women/Girls are ALWAYS RIGHT so never question them if you want life to be enjoyable, (Speaking from 27 Years of Experience).

Thanks for the video.

Last edited:

ZanderPommo

Nice Video. I am so much looking forward to part 2. Can we assume since you are still in High School, Emma is your special friend. If so you need to learn early that Women/Girls are ALWAYS RIGHT so never questing them if you want life to be enjoyable, (Speaking from 27 Years of Experience).

Thanks for the video.

lol yes Emma (emmwittle here on IAP) is my girlfriend and she is ALWAYS right......so far:tongue:

rjwolfe3

Zander, I wanted to thank you for this excellent video. I can't wait for part II.

BTW did I show you the completed antique brass pen that you sent me?

emmwittle

She, she, she, she.

So far, as I am just getting into making my own blanks, I am learning from this video. Unfortunately, I don't have an assistant.

Part II?

Because I obviously don't know how long to wait before I mix in the second color nor what the consistency should be.

Lee

I'm "she" and part 2 will be up soon. It takes between 8 and 12 hours to upload videos to youtube so it'll be up in a day or two. :)

rjwolfe3

no I dont believe so. wow I forgot about that lol

Hopefully this is not contaminating your thread but if it is let me know and I will move it. I still like the idea!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 155_gunmetalchromediplomat_antiquebrasspr.JPG
    155_gunmetalchromediplomat_antiquebrasspr.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 375

phillywood

Zander, Thank you for doing this I commend you for your enthusiasm. It's better to have that video than not having anything at all. Two month down the road you'll be an expert at it.
I like to ask you for a favor, if you may get closer to your Mic. since I have sever hearing loss and I cranked both the YouTube speaker Icon and my comp. and had hard time to hear your explanations.
thank you again. Nice job.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Zander (and Emma), first, thanks a bunch for the video, I look forward to the second installment!

Second...Zander, You are HER Assistant! Not the other way around! Just trust me on this! :cool:

atomic ray

Great effort.

A most informative video...

be careful with the cups of water, I have had grief from drips from the bottom of the cups falling into my resin :eek:

PS
Thank god, when I was in High School making videos with my girlfriend(s), mostly innocent, that there was no youtube...I am quite impressed by the resin interest at a young age...my high school hobbies of soccer, marine biology, and star wars kinda left me with an odd collection of girlfriends, but no resin fun...jealous I am
:biggrin:

lcasad

Great job, Don't worry to much about the movement your information is good and well presented. Looking forward to part 2. Thanks and thank Emma for me. She's a keeper.

ZanderPommo

not yet, some have tiny bubbles (maybe 1 or 2 per blank) and this is far less than half of the blanks with this problem but i dont want to deal with the woes that come with selling a product unprofessionally quite yet, possibly later when we have an overabundance of blanks:wink:

Tony's Pens

Hey, does your parents know you guys are doing casting on their Hot Tub cover. I am calling them now. Oh yea what is their phone number.

Great Job. It has inspired me.

Top Bottom