Victorian Rose Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Here is my lastest creative effort. This is a gold/gunmetal Sierra/Mesa dressed in a custom G1 cast bank. The antique pink acrylic is adorned with maroon colored rub ons that I picked up at a local hobby shop. Then everything is finished with 5 coats of medium CA. MM 12000 and Novus 2.

I saw the rub ons in the craft store and wondered if they would work. I played around with them on some throw away blanks. Once I figured out they worked, I then cast this blank to use with them on the pen.

I may try something similar with a PSI Sculpted kit to really give it that antique feel.

As always comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_5944a-web.jpg
    IMG_5944a-web.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5945a-web.jpg
    IMG_5945a-web.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5946a-web.jpg
    IMG_5946a-web.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dow

That's a beautiful pen. Very unusual, and bound to find a new home soon. However, in looking at the first photo, it looks like the clip is sprung. If so, then you'll want to replace the clip or remove it and reset it so that it will work as designed. Absolutely nothing bothers me more than a pen that won't stay where it's supposed to.

G1Pens

That's a beautiful pen. Very unusual, and bound to find a new home soon. However, in looking at the first photo, it looks like the clip is sprung. If so, then you'll want to replace the clip or remove it and reset it so that it will work as designed. Absolutely nothing bothers me more than a pen that won't stay where it's supposed to.

Yep, don't know why I didn't notice that in assembly. I will fix it though. Easy fix on the Mesa.

Lenny

I'm looking at each photo trying to see where you seemed the rub-ons that wrap around at the top and bottom .... can't! :biggrin:

A great idea and Very nicely done! :)

G1Pens

I'm looking at each photo trying to see where you seemed the rub-ons that wrap around at the top and bottom .... can't! :biggrin:

A great idea and Very nicely done! :)

That's the really neat thing about these rub ons. They are so darn thin you can't tell they are not a part of the acrylic. No seams, no edges

wizard

Gary, That is cool and creative... has a very elegant look to it. I agree with trying it out on a fountain pen..it would look even more elegant!! Great job. Doc

Top Bottom