Vertex Mchanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

I have had good luck with the Vertex until now. The click mechanism doesn't work. I did get it out of the tube, but managed to scratch the piece by the clip. Is there any way to see if the click mechanism works before pressing it in?

seamus7227

thats funny you should bring this topic up, I too just recently made a vertex kit and it has begun to have problems with the clicking mechanism. It doesn't want to stay extended or in the out position. I have to click it like 20 times before it finally stays in place so i can write with it. I hope there are others out there with similar issues that may have some better insight.

Hess

I had one Vertex do this found the blank was just a hair to long took it apart trimmed the blank down some and it works fine now. was the same S & S push it in and it would not catch had to hold it for a sec then it held. I only took off a 1/2 the thickness of a penny

Also found that this will happen sometimes if you press it in real hard does the same thing backed it off and it was fine

Mark

I have had good luck with the Vertex until now. The click mechanism doesn't work. I did get it out of the tube, but managed to scratch the piece by the clip. Is there any way to see if the click mechanism works before pressing it in?

You can test is before assembly. Simply hold the refill in place and operate the click mechanism (if I recall you may need to screw the button on top, in order to actuate the mechanism). That won't help if it is being damaged after assembly or if the other things mentioned above were to occur.
But it will tell you that it works prior to pressing it in. Good Luck.

Top Bottom