Vertex Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

I have to say I like making these kits. They're a simple one barrel design with only two couplers that press in easily. I don't care much for the hexagonal shape but it keeps the pen from rolling off your desk as long as the cap is on or posted, although I don't post the cap myself. I cast the blank this weekend with opaque blue dye that I added a touch of House of Kolor white ice pearls to, the other color is sky blue mica with nothing added. I painted the tube white which really shows through and drilled the blank then set it aside.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

I glued the tube in when I got home from work today then turned, sanded, & buffed. It took me about 1.5 hours but I leisurely smoked a cigar at the same time. I'm still very slow at this, I have to take my time if I want a good end result. I'm sure that speed will come with experience.

I made this for my new coworker, she really liked mine so I asked what color she would like and she said blues. She's been doing a great job, and after many months of doing a two person job by myself I was glad to get some help, and great help at that. Just a little gift to welcome her to the clinic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks everyone. I gave it to her today and she was very happy with it. It's a great feeling to give a gift you made yourself, although this particular pen didn't require much on my part. This is the first time I kept track of how I made the blank, I like blue so I will definitely make something for myself when I cast some more blanks. We're also going to put in an order for some ink together to save on shipping. I love turning people on to fountain pens! Even a simple one like this has a certain amount of class imo.

Top Bottom