Vertex Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Does anyone have a product report on the Vertex Clicker pen. How good is it? Is the clicker mechanicism o.k. I havn't turned one, but have heard so many bad reports on click type pens. Any help will be greatly appreiciated.

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

I've made about 30 of them, they assemble easily and well.
I've sold about 20 of them with the oldest dating back to Aug/Sept 2010, no returns or complaints yet.
I've used one for 3-4 months before I lost it, no problems other than failure to be loss proof.
I've used a second one for 2 months and it is still working well.

warreng8170

I can't speak for longevity, since I have only sold a few recently, but the click mechanism is absolutely the smoothest I have seen. I know a lot of people on here like the Long Click pen, but to me the click mechanism on that pen is horrible. I quit making them unless it is a custom order. The Vertex is infinitley smoother and quieter. Now, if they could implement that click mech in a pen that is a little more elegant looking. The hexagonal design has a somewhat limited appeal.

renowb

I have sold quite a few with no problems. The only problem I have encountered is receiving bad parts, specifically the connector that the nib screws into. Some aren't turned down enough to press into the barrel. They will replace them but it'd just a hassle to wait on them. Other than that, it's a good pen, IMHO.

Rangertrek

Made and sold a few of these. The click mechanism is quiet and smooth.
Barrel length is specific, so don't shorten the tube any while squaring the ends.
No mechanical issues so far.

reddwil

Ben I have made quite a few and only had one with a problem. Its my sons, so I can't say for sure if its a mechanical problem or a son related problem. They are quite and smooth, good sellers.

glwalker

Vertex Click Problem Solution(?)

I agree with all comments. Very nice pen, good operating click mechanism. But I did have one problem I thought I should pass on to you and the group.

The click/clip assembly has a plastic rod which the plunger screws into. Until one is broken its not apparent that this plastic rod is hollow and therefore not really very strong. I had a verex returned to me where this rod had broken off. Short story is PSI sent me a new one and I replaced the broken click/clip assembly. Thanks PSI, good service! But thinking about it I thought possibly when initially screwing on the plunger I tightened it too much and weakened the plastic rod. Or, a better guess on my part was that it came loose while the customer was using it and he screwed it on very tightly so that it wouldn't come loose again, and in doing this he broke the plastic rod. So, my solution is to always put a little hobby glue (something that won't degrade plastic... tightbond WILL degrade plastic) on the plastic tube threads before I screw in the plunger.... and don't over tighten it... let the glue do its thing. My thought is in doing this it will never work loose and a customer won't be trying to screw it back on tightly and break it.

Top Bottom