VERRRY INTERESTING

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So - In Chad's thread (here: https://www.penturners.org/threads/new-penn-state-industries-catalog.168845/#post-2108888 ) about the Groove pen, I mentioned that I had tried the PSI Slimline Pro in my search for a "thinner" pen that some customers preferred but hadn't had much success and that I had recently picked up the PSI Groove. I really like the Groove and am hopeful it will fit into that slot in my offerings BUT - I got my PSI catalog yesterday and I see PSI is offering a new version of the Slimline Pro. Still 8mm tubes. Still a Parker refill (the Groove is a 7mm Cross refill as you know) but it's now a Schmidt click mechanism and there are several redesigned features I think I like. The clip (which I was never happy with) now looks like it belongs with the pen and the tip and center band are a bit more "elegant". The price went up (of course) but I'm thinking I may have to make room for some of these guys on the show table, too.
Any experience out there yet (pretty early)?

Dale Lynch

Gonna have to tryout the chrome ones in the future,Modified to a single tube design.Been hearing alot about the schmidt mechanisms,finally one without any of the theme stuff.

Gonna have to tryout the chrome ones in the future,Modified to a single tube design.Been hearing alot about the schmidt mechanisms,finally one without any of the theme stuff.
Totally agree, Dale. Theme pens seem like a dopey thing to me. There are a couple that are "OK" but in the name of all that is good, who would want a pen that is supposed to look like a shock absorber? I made one of those just to see what I was missing. Turns out I wasn't missing anything. HORRIBLE. Quoting a great American "C'mon, man!"

magpens

This is indeed interesting.

I have been a fan of the PSI Slimline Pro for some time. . I also like to make it as a single barrel pen. . But the click mechanism is kinda rough/noisy.

So this new version, using the Schmidt SKM-192 click mechanism should be a significant improvement.

Not too rapt in the styling of the hardware pieces though ..... the nib, finial and clip. .

Top Bottom