Valuable lesson when making celtic style knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

So, a while back I ran out of medium CA. I tried to make my own by mixing leftover thick and thin together. It worked pretty well, but it was kinda on the thin side. Once I got my regular medium back, it became a decorative partially full bottle. I just discovered last night though that a thinned medium happens to flow into the bandsaw's kerf perfectly while not flowing out of the sides until the insert is pressed in. A bit of thick on the outsides, and the worries about not being glued in are pretty much over. Not sure what the exact viscosity is, but it's way thicker than thin, and a little thin for medium. That stuff's a HUGE asset when having to fill gaps in segments or glue into tight spots.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Hot water does wonders at low cost for getting CA of the hands -- Swimming is better as the water causes the skin to move (prune effect) and CA is not elastic.

Maybe you work at a swimming pool??

Drstrangefart

....oh and its also recommended you wear gloves during this operation ....

Or do what I do, get your hands all CA'd and let friction remove it all at work the next day.

Don't recommend this if you have a fingerprint reader on your computer. Ask me how I know! I couldn't get in for two days.

Ouch! That's exactly why Chuck Norris invented keys. Although, I have to fingerprint scan to clock in. I haven't had a problem yet. Stupid fingerprint scanners.

azamiryou

That's not a valuable lesson, that's a useful tip! :mad:

A "valuable lesson" is when you really booch - and learn something from the experience. Like Sharon did. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Top Bottom