Vacuum pump aquisition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Autonoz

I picked this up today from a local pawn shop for
$50.00. Does anyone know if this was a good deal? Also will I need to do any modifications to it, or can I just hook a hose from one of the pump fittings to the inlet on whatever pressure chamber I decide to use?
bluepoint.jpg
[/IMG]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

It's to bad that you wasted all of that money, I feel sorry for you so if you want I will take it off of your hands for you at the same price that you paid for it. No all kidding aside, I think that you got a great deal, I know that I wouldn't mind owning it.
Len

JD Combs Sr

Assuming that it works OK you should be able to hook it up directly to what ever you need vacuum for whether it's a vacuum chamber, vacuum chuck on you lathe, or whatever. Just make sure you install a good filter on the inlet side of the pump before you do. Other things that are nice to have with it are a vacuum gauge, a couple control valves(hand operated ball valves are fine), one is to turn the vacuum on and off to the vacuumed device and the other is a bypass that controls the amount of vacuum. PM me if you need more info.

AlanZ

It likely won't be useful with a vacuum chuck. I am not sure, but that model may move only 1.5cfm, and most folk who use vacuum chucks with wood look for 4.5cfm or better. If the specs say CFM of over 4cfm, then you are in good shape.

For stabilization and other tasks, it sounds like a good deal.

Last edited:

Autonoz

It likely won't be useful with a vacuum chuck. That model appears to move only 1.5cfm, and most folk who use vacuum chucks with wood look for 4.5cfm or better.

For stabilization and other tasks, it sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for the replies. I did not have any intentions of using an air chuck, so no worries.

PTsideshow

In addition to has been said. I would change and flush out the oil and refill it with the correct amount, with fresh new oil.You won't know what kind of curd can have been sucked in by the previous owner. Since you won't be using it in ac/frige work you shouldn't have to change the oil for a while.
:clown:

RDH79

In addition to has been said. I would change and flush out the oil and refill it with the correct amount, with fresh new oil.You won't know what kind of curd can have been sucked in by the previous owner. Since you won't be using it in ac/frige work you shouldn't have to change the oil for a while.

I done refrigeration work for 25 yrs. Changing and flushing the oil is the first thing to do. Check the label for the type of oil. Dont use motor oil. Check with a auto parts store or HVAC equipment distributor.

Autonoz

I done refrigeration work for 25 yrs. Changing and flushing the oil is the first thing to do. Check the label for the type of oil. Dont use motor oil. Check with a auto parts store or HVAC equipment distributor.

The first thing i didi was change the loil. And i used the correct oil.

Top Bottom