Vacuum chamber help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I asked some questions about a vacuum chamber a few weeks ago and appreciate the insights every one gave. I have now received it and used it once. The pump quit working and the ebay vendor replaced quickly. I want to set it up again and I want to make sure I did not cause the problem. So I am asking for help in the correct set up. I will include a couple of pictures and the instructions that came in the user manual. I am struggling to understand what they mean and don't want to guess- I am hoping some one can clearly explain them to me!
The black knob is labeled gas the red one is not labeled. The instructions say not to run oil. Let me retype the instructions here- I am sure they were translated from Chinese and I am guessing at their meaning!
1. Examine oil-lever before using yo make sure the oil-level is not lower than the oil level line.If power than that it should be oiled without delay(This pump uses high-speed vacuum oil HFV 32)
2. Take down the gas-filling cap and connect the pumped container.And the pipe should be short ,sealed and there should' t any drip.
3. Take down the exhaust cap,plug the power supply and swich on.And you can operate now.
4.Pull out the plug after using, removings the connecting pipes and cover the exhaust cap and the oil plug.

Hopefully someone can give me simple and clear steps for setting up with out error!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 185
  • vacuum pump.jpg
    vacuum pump.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

This reminds me of a warning label I once read for a hair curling iron made in Laos ....

"Not to be used for the other use."

Ok ...... now I'm very very curious as to what that use that they specifically did not mention happens to be ...

In any case, good luck figuring that thing out.

low_48

Do you want chamber help or just this pump help? It must have the oil level maintained to the line on the window. Line 1 says "If power", but it should say, "If lower". Most importantly, you need a valve in line from the pump to the chamber. Shutting off the pump under hard vacuum can damage it. Use the valve to release the vacuum, then shut off the motor.

keithbyrd

Low_48
My questions are concerning the pump! I want to make sure I fill the oil in the right spot - does it go in the red cap or the black? What is the gas cap for? What do the direction mean when t says take down the gas cap? Take it off during operation? Loosen it? I just don't want to be the cause of a pump failure!

Brian G

Oil goes in the red. "Gas" is probably a poor translation of "Exhaust." Some pumps only have a common exhaust/oil fill, right at the spot of your "gas" port.

You could add the oil by unscrewing the "gas" cap and it won't hurt your pump, but you have a red oil fill cap to use.

The first time you run your pump, you'll have a cloud of gray "smoke" coming out of the exhaust ('scuse me "gas") port and it will cause you anxiety as you wonder if something is going horribly wrong. Relax, it will "smoke" a little until you have reached full vacuum. If it keeps smoking and doesn't reach full vacuum, then you might have a leak in your system.

This HF Tools Vac. Pump Manual should be more helpful. I don't have that brand, but it's similar enough to yours that it should help.

TurtleTom

Skie, I'm sure they mean the "short hairs". :biggrin:

My favorite is a warning on a clothes iron: Not to be used on clothes you are wearing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom