Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

This is the weather report for VA.:mad:

Attachments

• 1964249_10203357352160761_1777476061_n.jpg
    1964249_10203357352160761_1777476061_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 198
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I went up to Cleveland for a wedding last weekend, it took 7 hours to drive there, 10 1/2 to drive back, northern Ohio really got hit with snow. And there were signs that Cleveland has had a bad winter, they had potholes that could swallow a car....

Mike

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
This storm is going to mess up for a day or two. But the good news is that it's going to warm up before the next winter storm. I think I have an idea on why this winter has been so cold. There's been a good number of us who have stop using friction polish so global warming is slowing down.

OKLAHOMAN

Yesterday in Oklahoma high 17 with wind chill -12, sleet, snow, and when in Oklahoma we have these conditions everything comes to a halt. Today all schools closed and most services also closed. We just don't have the equipment needed to get the roads drivable. My back yard is one big Ice Rink.

Joe S.

Actually a warmup before the next freeze is a very very very very very bad thing. Ice is getting under shingles, sidewalks are raising to the point where we had to close down an entrance to work because the door hit pavement, and wet roads that freeze are extremely slick. It is nice to have a break from the cold, but unless it stays warm until ALL the snow melts, it wrecks havoc.

plantman

The weather in Wisconsin is getting better already today!! The sun has been out all morning, and at 9AM it has already risen to a toasty -15, with a wind chill of -30. That weather report of your's is right on !! When my wife asks me if I caught the weather report, I tell her the weatherman said to look outside for a current report, or to change channels until she finds the one she likes. We have been setting all kinds of new records here. Most consecutive days with 2 feet or more of snow cover, most number of day below zero ever, and coldest winter in our weather history and it's only the 3ed of March!!!! We celibrated Saturday because we had a sunny day and a high of 20 degrees. My mound has been frozen since the middle of December and they are advising people to keep a faucet in the house running in order to keep the water from freezing in the pipes. After looking at the news, I can handle this weather, as other people in the USA are having much harder times. When the weather and Mother Nature are beating you up, there are few places to turn for help because everyone around you is in the same boat. No pun intended. Jim S.

Last edited:

raar25

It is the cold dry environment that is really getting to me. Even when it snow the air is so dry that the static has been so bad my wife doesnt what to come anywhere near me (at least thats what she told me). Everytime I buff an acrylic or CA finish the dust covers the blank so faster than I cant clean them off.

So this is global warming?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I got a kick out of the weather report on the way in, "high of ten degrees today, tonight it will be BITTER cold, going down to 5 below." So, 10 merits no adjectives, but 5 below goes immediately to BITTER cold.

I also wonder what they will say when it gets to 20 below????

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'm with Jim .... I've always said that is should have been a weatherman. I can't imagine another job where you get paid to be wrong all the time.

plantman

I'm with Jim .... I've always said that I should have been a weatherman. I can't imagine another job where you get paid to be wrong all the time.

Dean; That's not fair to the weather people !! Once in a while that dart they throw does land in the correct square. Jim S

Last edited:

Old Codger

Virginia in the snow??? I have always thought 'Virginia was for LOVERS' not snow shovelers!!! ;>) I still remember with warm regards all the days my family and I spent years ago on the Virginia sunned ourselves on the warm Virginia beaches and enjoyed the lovely warm waters of the beautiful waters....what happened??? All my friends in Virginia Beach are thinking of moving to Florida??? I'd suggest you all move to Washington, but we're enjoying our own 'winter' here... ;>)

SAWDUST 101

Passed Away Jan 7, 2018
In Memoriam
Try the weather in Evans, GA. A couple weeks ago, we had a nice Monday, Tuesday rain turning to sleet then to ice and snow on top of that. Last but not least on Friday we had a 4.1 earthquake that shook the whole house. Just glad that week was over. Welcome to Georgia.

Don

Charlie_W

In northern Va, we had enough snow with some ice under it to not only close school today but tomorrow as well. My Wonderful Wifey teaches and today is day 12 and tomorrow will be day 13 for total number of days our county has cancelled school this school year. They can go 15 with out making them up. Wifey is a happy camper!
Here is a pic she took late this afternoon not far from the house.

A beautiful ending to the day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 80
Do any of you remember the good old days when a weather man actually went out and looked at the clouds every day and could predict with decent accuracy what was coming over the next few days? I remember this and I also remember when they actually taught this in school. Now we have much better ways? NOT

plantman

We have a millon dollar Dopler Radar system that can tell you the size of hail in the clouds, what the moisture content is, the wind speed at different levels, but it can't tell if anything is falling to the ground. Jim S

Top Bottom