USPS thieves can easily rob you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogcatcher

I guess you missed the part about "clearly marked with the word Fragile" such word that YOU said they don't look for....

Spend a day at the post office and UPS, you will realize the people handling the package will see the fragile markings. But once it gets on the on a conveyor and the barcode reader sees it, all that is seen is the barcode. The machines don't read, if you want personal hand to hand service, it is available, it is called Registered Mail. But even then sometimes the machines reads and moves the package.

It still boils down to who packed it and if they know how to pack it properly.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

LOL Ken, I remember that. :) IIRC he also hot glued the top flaps before taping. You needed a TEAM of gorillas to open one of his boxes! (Obscure reference to a 1980's American Tourister ad)

[yt]749iU2Zv1kw[/yt]

He earned a promotion to Postmaster General in the 90s. :biggrin:

When I send stuff, I use more tape and packing protection than is necessary. It's inexpensive. Even with opposable thumbs, it's gonna take a smart gorrila with a boxcutter to break into my packages.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I guess you missed the part about "clearly marked with the word Fragile" such word that YOU said they don't look for....

Spend a day at the post office and UPS, you will realize the people handling the package will see the fragile markings. But once it gets on the on a conveyor and the barcode reader sees it, all that is seen is the barcode. The machines don't read, if you want personal hand to hand service, it is available, it is called Registered Mail. But even then sometimes the machines reads and moves the package.

It still boils down to who packed it and if they know how to pack it properly.
Whatever makes you think I have never seen how packages are handled at the post office?

With very few exceptions, like airplane crashes and highways collapsing under trucks, if UPS or USPS or FedEx always do their job properly and never mishandle a package, every package would arrive at the receiver's door in exactly the same shape it left the senders. Period.

If a package falls off a conveyor, that is the carrier's fault - not the sender's. If a package marked "fragile" is sent through a conveyor that is the carrier's fault not the sender's. If a package gets dropped on the floor and run over by a forklift in the sort facility that is the carrier's fault not the senders.

I am a small business but I have been shipping about 1200 packages a year since 2003. In that time I can count on one hand the number of packages where the contents were damaged but have had hundreds of reports where the package was damaged. and a couple where it was not delivered. I had one mailed to NYC and delivered to someone in Portland Oregon. I also self insure so if the goods I send are damaged in transit it is my loss. Quite frankly I take umbrage at the suggestion that I don't know how to pack the items I ship.

BTW I'd be interested in knowing how many packages a year you ship? You said you receive a lot but didn't mention how many you send.

edstreet

If you would stop taking offense every time someone asks you a question it would help.

No offense taken. I just really don't care to answer any of your questions. If you look you will clearly see I purposely refuse to answer questions you ask because I really don't care, if you are seeking attention then look elsewhere. It's just not worth my time. There is a very clear reason why I have never ordered from you and never plan on it. Also I am not alone in either. Sorry.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Just goes to show, yet again, there is no intelligent conversation to be had here.

Ed,

It seems that you are tarring everyone on this thread with the same brush. It seems from looking further down the thread that you have some issues with Smity but your remark seems directed at all. I personally don't like being called not intelligent when in fact I am intelligent. My views may not be yours but that does not make them unintelligent. It just makes them different than yours. Your Meme says "Agree or Be Wrong". I disagree with that and am NOT WRONG. We deserve better.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If you would stop taking offense every time someone asks you a question it would help.

No offense taken. I just really don't care to answer any of your questions. If you look you will clearly see I purposely refuse to answer questions you ask because I really don't care, if you are seeking attention then look elsewhere. It's just not worth my time. There is a very clear reason why I have never ordered from you and never plan on it. Also I am not alone in either. Sorry.
edited out: I should not have replied.

Last edited:

edstreet

Ed, It seems that you are tarring everyone on this thread with the same brush. It seems from looking further down the thread that you have some issues with Smity but your remark seems directed at all. I personally don't like being called not intelligent when in fact I am intelligent. My views may not be yours but that does not make them unintelligent. It just makes them different than yours. Your Meme says "Agree or Be Wrong". I disagree with that and am NOT WRONG. We deserve better.

This very statement is what I was trying to show. If you look a good chunk of the previous postings you will see endless mindless banter among several people whom just does not understand the other sides view point. With a good intelligent flow of beneficial replies will be progressive and fulfilling. No, what we have here is the same old passing the buck, avoiding responsibility and passing blame onto others. Smoke and mirror CYA is not what I would call intelligent by no means, defensive yes. Some will likely argue it's intelligent defense but the truth of the matter is its still smoke and mirrors.

Oh and one more thing. Has the OP mentioned the company is package originated from?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Steel is pretty tough stuff...isn't the concern when shipping something like steel keeping the box from being damaged from the inside....Heavy cardboard on any sharp corners inside the box and a really tight fit in the box?

Sorry no gumdrops here.

Go back and re-read the quote I gave for ECT and BST. Also understand what those two mean then try again.
Where do you find those numbers on the flat rate boxes we are discussing Ed? Since you have said you will choose to not answer my questions I'll answer it for you....you don't.

low_48

The bottom line? UPS and FedEx employees can get fired if they screw up.
USPS employees can't.
Now which is going to care more about job performance?
(IMHO):biggrin:

You seem to have a real hatred for USPS employees! First you call them thieves, now implying they are uncaring and unlikely fit for employment. Those must have been some precious blanks you lost!

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Low_48 Many USPS employees ARE indeed unfit for the jobs they hold - at least those in the Detroit area. Lazy uncaring, incompetent. Some, I suspect are illiterate since they can't seem to distinguish between a street beginning with "W" and one beginning with "M". I get stuff addressed to the other street and they get mine - sadly all too often. I have already mentioned that carriers stand at the bottom of my porch stairs (six steps) and toss my packages over the porch rail. I've had packages damaged by this "tender" delivery technique. They do the same to neighbors on my block so it's just not me. We all get our packages delivered by "air mail". I don't hate them - I just think they don't deserve the high paying jobs they hold with USPS. The postal Union has created a monster. BTW I am NOT anti-Union. I am, in fact, a Union Steward, where I work.

Last edited:

Sabaharr

I quite often ship custom blended lead alloys for serious bullet casters. I do this in the form of one pound ingots. 25 will fit in a SFRB. That's a solid 25 pounds of lead in a little thin box. I have 4 inch wide heavy duty clear packing tape that I wrap the entire box in around all 3 axis then do it again in the same order so I have 6 cross lapping layers of heavy duty tape around it. I ship them all over the USA and have never had one come open on me. It all depends on the care the shipper takes in the packaging. I have also had an order of 25 walnut duck call blanks shipped to me in a vinyl bag. It took 3 months to arrive from Arkansas to Louisiana by way of Minnesota (per tracking info) where it spent most of the trip in one spot. When it arrived the bag had been ripped and sloppily taped back together. It had only 16 blanks in it out of the 25. Post office not responsible since no insurance was purchased. I am beginning to think that postal insurance is like paying protection to the mob. If you don't pay you will have problems. If you do pay you have a 50/50 chance of no worries but have miles of red tape to process if you do want to make a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom