USMC Custom Acrylic Sierra Stlye Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

Made this for a very good friend. USMC custom acrylic blank on a Rockler version Sierra pen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lhowell

Made this for a very good friend. USMC custom acrylic blank on a Rockler version Sierra pen.

Looks great! What did you use to print the image on?

I actually bought this off of an Etsy Shop called HobbleCreekCraftsman. I have bought several of his blanks but he recently upped his prices from $18 per blank to $24 per blank! I typically buy two or more just in case I have a tool catch and explosion (his lead time is typically 2-3weeks). I have recently purchased the materials and supplies for my own casting setup and have meticulously studied an "exploded" blank.

I believe it is printable silver foil paper that is embossed with a hobby scale diamondplate sheet and the bands are HVAC aluminum tape with what appears to be a punch or end of a pen embossed in it. Then it's either antiquing polish of thinned down model paint brushed on the hvac tape and wipe off quickly so that it only stays in the indented areas.

I am going to try a couple of my own. I've heard you need to use a laser printer or else your image can disintegrate when cast in the alumilite. I may try to wrap the ends with colored beading wire instead of the alumimum tape bands.

When I get a few done I will definitely post pictures to see how they turned out!

Marko50

Great pen Lee! I use Hobble Creek Craftsman all the time and his stuff is top shelf, very high quality work.:wink: I think you've got the pricing a bit mixed up though...:)

Top Bottom