uses for centerbands?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsulli16

hi gang

I just finished a run of Freedom Pens. I dontlike the look of center-bands in a slimline so i usually don't use them. So, now i got a bunch of slimline centerbands in a box.

Anyone ideas? Can i make a all centerband pen? If so, do i glue each one or jsut the ends? how would they line up or transition with the metal parts of the kit?, other kits? alternate the centerbands with something else? anyone been here before?

Thanks
Sulli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alejanders

Assemble pen kit without wood and put as many centerbands as posslible - you will get necklace pen. :)

Or even engrave numbers or letters on bands and you will get combination lock pen. :)

Drstrangefart

I've SEEN an all centerband pen posted here before. Since they don't fit over a 7mm tube, I assume they had to be drilled out a little. I also have that planned for the future. I have a growing mountain of Slimline centerbands.

Mark

Here it is, from a previous thread. Les posted this one he made back in 2010.

Attachments

• CB Slimline.jpg
    CB Slimline.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 312

larryc

Centerbands solved - what about clips

Great ideas about using extra centerbands - what about extra clips? I have just finished a bunch of Slimlines using theme clips from Wood-N-Whimsies and I have a bunch of clips left over. Anybody have ideas on reusing the clips?

sbell111

Great ideas about using extra centerbands - what about extra clips? I have just finished a bunch of Slimlines using theme clips from Wood-N-Whimsies and I have a bunch of clips left over. Anybody have ideas on reusing the clips?
I use my extra clips and center bands when I make things like styli. The cheapo styli that give their lives to become my parts don't use a trim piece where the rubber bit meets the stylus body, so I add a trim ring right there. As a bonus, it allows me to add a little bit of beef to the body rather than turning it down super tight to the tube.

reddwil

My daughter wants to make a bracelet out of all mine. She bought some elastic cord thats close to ID of the bands. She said she needs a few more chrome ones to make it. Shes also been turning beads out of my scrap castings. With her talent I'm sure it will "different".

Top Bottom