Urushi over Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

Nothing special as I didn't make the body. It started out as a black ebonite Varuna Rajan but I ditched the cheap clip and redid the cap finial. I also converted the front section to a converter as the pen was pretty much useless as an eyedropper.

Finish is 2 layers of clear undercoat, 4 layers of black, a black "bump" layer topped with gold powder, a red layer, another black with gold power again, 2 black then 8 ultra thin layers of raw clear. Finally polished with rapeseed oil and deer horn powder.

Time wise.......a month and half....pretty quick.

Please excuse the lint in the threads.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_9021.jpg
    IMG_9021.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_9024.jpg
    IMG_9024.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_9028.jpg
    IMG_9028.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_9027.jpg
    IMG_9027.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

I saw it on my phone a few minutes ago and had to stop and see it on the desktops "big" screen. Looked great on the phone and even greater on the biggy.:)

I don't know much about Ebonite so I'm curious if the Urushi finish make it feel cooler to the touch or does the pen still retain its "warmth" when picked up?

Pete

chriselle

I saw it on my phone a few minutes ago and had to stop and see it on the desktops "big" screen. Looked great on the phone and even greater on the biggy.:)

I don't know much about Ebonite so I'm curious if the Urushi finish make it feel cooler to the touch or does the pen still retain its "warmth" when picked up?

Pete

Warmer Pete....much warmer.:wink:

jasontg99

Wow, that is beautiful. Where did you learn how to do this? I see you are in Japan. I was stationed in Yokosuka for two years. I just got back to the States last March.

Top Bottom