Unpolished

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Been working on this pen for ages, little bit at a time inbetween so much other things. It is aluminum and Brass, home made slide activation and it is a rollerball not a ballpoint. It started off all shiny and polished but I was just feeling very tired of shiny so i started beating on it with a cut off wheel, belt sander and 220 paper, then polished it back up with just a paper towel dry rub. Feels so much better and warmer with a beat up finish. Its like a sleeper car, all rusty and nasty, then you pop the hood and theres 900 hp twin turbo nitrus inside. On my beat up pen you effortlessly slide the pin and it unleashes the smoothest gliding feel the grain of the paper rollerball cartridge that you can only get with a classy pen. :biggrin:

I also like how it doesn't need to be hidden in an office or on the mantle of your fireplace. No, this baby you can toss it into your drill bit box, tool box, or even a drum of oil and it doesn't affect it, just a solid indestructible writing instrument with character.

btw, the inlay is original JB weld. I never used it before and i have to say it is the best metal inlay material i ever used. It would be nice if it came in colors other than dark grey. Most inlays in metal with machine and sand a bit faster than the metal, leaving a slight indentation you can feel. The JB weld is super hard and machines at the same rate as the metal leaving a flaweless surface. It is also far more reliable to bond with aluminum due to aluminums natural oxidation layer.

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 169
  • sp5.jpg
    sp5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 233
  • sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 191
  • sp3.jpg
    sp3.jpg