understanding the nib section??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I was just looking at this thread...

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65437

Now i am a little confused. The general idea is (I think): The threaded section on the inside of the nib end can be knocked out, so a custom nib section can be made and press fit? Then you would have to pull it out to change or refill the ink right? thanks for the help understanding. I would like to figure this out and add custom nib sections like the pen in the photo!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Well that PDF left me with more questions than answers.

That tutorial was for doing a wooden clip, as opposed to the nib section. but thanks for posting! It was an excellent read!!

hewunch

No the custom grip just becomes the grip. You will change out the ink, but you put the threaded insert into the new grip and then just take the whole unit out of the barrel in order to change the ink. NOW, the big deal is that you unscrew the nib and the feed first from the old grip.

hewunch

That is similar to what I did, but somewhat different. For instance, I do not have a brass tube in mine

RAdams

Banned
Hey Hans, Would you maybe be willing to write a tutorial and share it with us??!!

hewunch

I plan on making a few more in the weeks to come for the state fair. I will do my best to take some pictures.

RAdams

Banned
its cool! that was a cool read and a crazy cool mod! wooden clips... nifty stuff!!

Top Bottom