Ultra Hmmmmmm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Hi,

I finally tried some Ultra Cigars. These are three from the set I made today, I went with dyed stabilized box elder burls....

IMG_0239.jpg

I'm not sure about them, but I have a pen show in two weeks, we'll see how they do,

Feedback appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Beautiful wood. I think they will sell on the awesome wood alone.
Very unique.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

rhahnfl

Nice work. I'm no too taken by the purple one but I'm sure there is a buyer out there who is. Make a variety and you stand a better chance of sale I'd guess. If they all looked the same it would be a pretty dull thing.

jedgerton

Jim,

I'm still on the fence about that kit but you are making it look great! I like the green one best. Let us know how they sell.

John

Tanner

They're awesome looking pens! I'ld be interested in how they sell. I wonder if they would look better, (if that's possible), with chrome nibs on that kit?

sparhawk

Those pens look good. Still not sure about the ultra but you made them look great. As far as the purple one, take it to Louisianna if you ever go, the Tiger fans would love it.

bgray

Great Pens, Jim. I really like the purple one. It has a great contrast from the where the color of the wood shines through in spots.

ahoiberg

jim, i think those look cool. i haven't been a big fan of the ultra, but those have a 'majestic' feel to them. nice work. i'll be interested to hear how they do.

Ligget

Fantastic work on all three Cigars Jim, your fit and finish is up to your usual very high standards, heck I even like the purple one too![:p]

I would love to see the same picture but with chrome nibs on instead!:)

Originally posted by ligget

Fantastic work on all three Cigars Jim, your fit and finish is up to your usual very high standards, heck I even like the purple one too![:p]

I would love to see the same picture but with chrome nibs on instead!:)

I agree Mark, the nib would look better in silver..... I'm doing an experiment and pricing them same as my regular cigars at this show.

I am not crazy about the design, I made 10, what I don't sell may well end up being given as "Teacher, etc " gifts[:eek:)] over the next short while, but who knows...I am also wondering if there might be better material choices for this kit, perhaps all the AA-25 black acrylic or a TruStone?

Anyway, I will post the results to this string in two weeks, so don't be surprised to see it bump up again then..

Thanks to all of you for the kind and honest thoughts.;)

Ligget

Jim a plain blank like the jet black acrylic would be awesome I agree, I still have not ordered any of these new cigars yet myself, I still prefer the old style.:)

Neodon1

Jim I agree, the pen kit leaves much to be desired because of its poor quality hardware.
I spook to a dealer and he said he is trying to convince the kit maker to make this kit
in gold titanium and platinum. Then they make look better and will most assuredly last
and not rub off the finish. I was going to make them with some Gaboon Gabon black blanks
but didn't want to waste that good all black wood on an inferior kit. The kit is nice
with the right wood or blank but the hardware is questionable.
But you did a good job on them, good luck with your sales.

Neodon

Top Bottom