UK suppliers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lezzo

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have made kit pens for about 1 year now. Since discovering you guys I have been amazed at what can be achieved and I want to try something other than a basic kit pen but where in the UK can I buy pen components (tubes, click mechanisms etc)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

I will be ordering a bunch of stuff from PSI for a few of my woodturning friends here in Ireland if you would like something ordered.

D.Oliver

Hey Lezzo, welcome to the forum. I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid, but I do seem to recall that one of the memember here, BradG, lives in the UK and sells blanks and pen kits. If he can't supply you with what you need I'm sure he could point you in the right direction. Shoot him and PM.

ericofpendom

Hi Lezzo, welcome to the forum. as you already know you will find loads of great stuff on here. I live in Bolton, Lancashire and I have recently used some kits from Timberbits.com and they are far superior to anything I have used so far. As far as kitless goes I haven't got myself setup for that yet.

Regards

Eric...

Twissy

Welcome Lezzo! I'm afraid we are not very fortunate this side of the water for pen parts, or even kits. The turners workshop is usually my first port of call for stuff in this country, but even his stocks are very low at the moment, but he does supply tubes and twist mechanisms. There's a couple of suppliers on Ebay here, Tony Charvill and fun-e-turnz.

If I were you I'd take Keith up on his kind offer....I'm even tempted to PM him myself!
Cheers
John

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have made kit pens for about 1 year now. Since discovering you guys I have been amazed at what can be achieved and I want to try something other than a basic kit pen but where in the UK can I buy pen components (tubes, click mechanisms etc)?
Lots of us will ship across the water but shipping isn't cheap and you do get tagged for your usual taxes and maybe a little more.

mikeschurer

urners Retreat have a fair range and give quantity discounts on 10% on ten sets, 15% on 20 kits. They also offer regular customers a 20% discount twice a year. They also stock presentation boxes etc.

Timberbits of Australia have a slightly different range. Delivery is often twoto three days. They offer free shipping if you spend over $200

Mike the Pie in sunny Pangbourne by the Thames.

trapper

hi and welcome i totally agree with what Twissy has said there's not much available i'd add pencrafts.co.uk to his list. I tend to do all mine now based on cross twist mechanisms or even salvaged parts. nibs feeds etc for fountain pens are available there and also through some calligraphy supplers.

Twissy

Trapper has posted in the chapter forum about starting a UK chapter. The aim being to get a load of us together to do our own group buys. If interested contact Trapper or myself and we'll see if we can get enough of us.
Cheers
John

trapper

Hi
yes very hard to source stuff in the UK Twissy and myself are attempting to set up a UK Chapter so we can arrange group buys for Uk based member do let me know if your interested . In the meantime I'm trying to set up something with Schmidt in Germany for supply of their excellent components twist click fountain rollerball components and refills including multi colour pen parts (ie2-4 refills in one pen)etc
Meantime welcome
Steve

Top Bottom