Two Vertex Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sanyalsoumitra

Two Vertex pens FP and RB with local wood. Thanks for viewing. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

NICE ! What did you use for a finish ? How do you like the Magnetic Vertex ? I haven't tried that kit and would like your opinion, please.

NICE ! What did you use for a finish ? How do you like the Magnetic Vertex ? I haven't tried that kit and would like your opinion, please.

I used sanding to grit 1000 in steps, and cleaning with paint thinner swipe. Finally 4 coats of thin CA for finish, followed by water wipe with micromesh.

Magnetic vertex is a nice kit as such, I like it because you only make the barrel , that too a parallel cut & finish and there is a OK looking pen. Since I make these pens only for my own collection, I would not know about how these are liked by buyers. The nib is too good but the slippery hexagonal section is not very comfortable for long use-users view. A nice looking pen though.

Those look really nice.
I like the wood you used - what is it?

Thank you Sir.

I used a local wood called Sirish in the darker one- some thing remotely similar to desert iron wood. This wood has a light and dark mix and somewhat shiny in texture.There are numerous tiny pores inside the wood and as I did not stabilize the wood, it soaked a lot of CA.

The lighter coloured wood is some variant of pine- I took it from the packing crates that come for spare parts in the ship.The chosen section had a few strands of orange hardwood [?] and some resin filled areas. Relatively more compact and less dry than the other wood.

Top Bottom