Two Tone Tamboti

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here we have a two tone Tamboti cigar I just finished. I really like the look of the sapwood. I also just read that Tamboti is called the african cocobolo which is fitting bc it turns and even smells similar. CA finish, MM to 12000, Buffed with Tripoli and White Diamond, PlastX polish, and a coat of Ren Wax. As always any comments/questions appreciated!

Attachments

• 100_5756.jpg
    100_5756.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_5763.jpg
    100_5763.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_5762.jpg
    100_5762.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_5772.jpg
    100_5772.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_5775.jpg
    100_5775.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Thanks! I had to redo the CA bc I goofed and trimmed too much off the ends that had built up. I have plenty of patience for a CA finish, just not the ability to slow myself down when I know I need to. I do think I'm getting the hang of this though. I'm taking a break from turning PR so next up is a closed end amboyna burl cigar I think.

It's pretty stuff, and you did a nice job with the finish.

Nice Job Jonathon!
That finish looks great!

robutacion

Well, well...! if that is not a very pretty pen, I don't know what is...???:wink:

Nicely done and a good finish on one of my preferred pen kits...!

Is interesting how effective and attractive a 2 tone wood pen can be, particularly with so contrasting colours. I have a few woods producing 2 tones woods, the most contrasting one would be my Black Wattle #16 (original straight cut) from my timbers list.

I didn't recognize at first, the name you used for the wood but after you mention Cocobolo, it made sense...!:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers
George

Brooks803

Thanks George as well as everyone else who has commented! Here is a link to the site that mentioned this being africas version of cocobolo (http://www.westpennhardwoods.com/shop/catalog/Tamboti__African_Sandalwood.html). I've also read that it can cause an allergic reaction like cocobolo so I was more than happy to put a CA finish on it bc you never know who might pick it up.

Well, well...! if that is not a very pretty pen, I don't know what is...???:wink:

Nicely done and a good finish on one of my preferred pen kits...!

Is interesting how effective and attractive a 2 tone wood pen can be, particularly with so contrasting colours. I have a few woods producing 2 tones woods, the most contrasting one would be my Black Wattle #16 (original straight cut) from my timbers list.

I didn't recognize at first, the name you used for the wood but after you mention Cocobolo, it made sense...!:biggrin:

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers
George

broitblat

That's got to be about the most perfect use of a two-toned blank as one could hope for and an outstanding execution to take full advantage of it.

-Barry

Brooks803

That's got to be about the most perfect use of a two-toned blank as one could hope for and an outstanding execution to take full advantage of it.

-Barry

I agree with Barry! This is my favorite pen of yours to date. The two tone is so unique. LOVE IT!

That's a huge compliment Barry, Thank you. Thank you as well Shea (My wife to be :biggrin:). It's yours if you want it :wink:

Top Bottom