two tone cross cut Cocobolo Manhattan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

This is a really neat piece of cross cut Cocobolo.

I drilled and turned it so you can see the sapwood vanishing into the orange color of the heartwood on the back of the pen, at the top and bottom of the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Looks great Stephen. Really like the Manhattan kit and the cocabolo is a lovely piece. How is the kit to work with? Any pros or cons that you can share. Thinking about trying them. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Dulos

Stephen,
Love the depth of color in the wood. There is an orange/brown hue that I really like about cocabolo. I am guessing that the grain does that pearlescent movement as you shift it in the light. Definitely a pen I would love to carry. Also, I like the kit. I may have to get a few kits like that. Thanks for sharing!

Paul

yorkie

I didn't think i was going to like the Manhattan kit but i do. It's easy to work with, not sure why they make you put on the clip yourself, but i like that its a little thicker than a standard click and its proven pretty reliable and solid.

Looks great Stephen. Really like the Manhattan kit and the cocabolo is a lovely piece. How is the kit to work with? Any pros or cons that you can share. Thinking about trying them. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Top Bottom