Two new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Haven't posted much lately, but I was really pleased with the way these turned out. The first is a custom order, a full size Gentleman from Blackwood, Bloodwood and Holly. The second a Statesman from Chittamwood Burl. I'm keeping this one!

200772322951_StatesALAFanOrder2.jpg

200772323038_StatesmanChittamPENShot.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Mick,
You know darn well that the first pen would catch my eye! Nicely done. Clean joints and I don't see any bleeding of the colors at all.
The only draw back is that it gave me one of those "what if" moments. Now to find some time.[;)]
Do you mind if I print the picture to use as a reminder later?

Rifleman1776

Your customer should be very pleased. When he pulls that out in the boardroom, folks will take notice. It is definately a 'power pen'. And your burl fountain is beautiful. Personally, I would keep the beautiful wood one for myself too. [;)]

Petricore

That segmented job is great. did you get much bleedover in colors while sanding from the black and red over the holly ?

mick

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Ron, anytime you need a picture feel free to grab it.

Frank I never had any intentions of selling the burl or at least once I saw how it was turning out! That one's going in my display case [:D]

Linc I use thin CA and saturate the holly when I glue the blank up and again several times as I turn. Finish with a skew to minimize sanding and then saturate again between sanding grits. Blow off with compressed air often and you'll end up with nice clean colors. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom