Two more, on a roll...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptG

My first go at scallops. Spalted maple with Padauk scallops. ca/blo finish.

First Baron made with blue dyed boxelder burl that Bill sent extra with my order. Cap end a little darker that nib end, but I still like it. Lots of character. May become my new pers. pen, or more likely LOML new pers. pen. LOL

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Hi Lyle. Go to the pen makers guild and there is an article written by Mark Gisi that tells how to do segmented pens and scallops. Very good reading.

chigdon

I think they look great but I think the scallops are better on a more plain wood. That wood doesn't need it and it kind of gets lost IMHO. Looks like beautiful execution though.

CaptG

Hi Chris, I agree with you, but was dying to try scallops after reading Gisi's instructions. That wood is also why I did not put scallops on both ends of both halves, lol. I am currently working on a segmented pen with lots more scallops, and plain grain wood, (yellowheart and Tasmanian blackwood). We will see how it turns out. Thank you for your observations, they are appreciated. That is what is so great about this site, you can learn so much by paying attention and listening with an open mind to those who are willing to share what they have learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom