Two more from the leftover pile

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Lucky me to get an order forcing me to spend a little time in the shop. So while I was in there I went ahead and prepped a couple other's to turn.

The first one is the requested pen. She chose an Aero component set with one of my pink blanks on it. No reverse painting needed on this one. I'll be mailing it out on Monday to it's new owner.

DSC01779600x700.jpg
DSC01780559x700.jpg
DSC01781605x700.jpg

With the extra time I grabbed this one from the leftover pile for turning. I reverse painted it black to darken it up a bit. The copper was just a bit too bright for my liking.

DSC01771587x700.jpg
DSC01773614x700.jpg
DSC01777579x700.jpg
DSC01775591x700.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Jonathon that lady will be mighty proud of that pen.:beauty:

That other one, I think you are pulling our leg.:eek: What is not to like.:confused:

It has built in WOW factor. Now if you really don't like it, send it on down to me and I will guarantee you that you will never ever have to look at it again.:smile-big:

Ray

Brooks803

Jonathon that lady will be mighty proud of that pen.:beauty:

That other one, I think you are pulling our leg.:eek: What is not to like.:confused:

It has built in WOW factor. Now if you really don't like it, send it on down to me and I will guarantee you that you will never ever have to look at it again.:smile-big:

Ray

Thanks Ray! It's not that I didn't like it, I just didn't prefer the brightness on the blank prior to painting it black. It needed to tone down a bit.

They are both nicely done, but that red and green is WOW!

I agree. The colors in the swirl are beautiful!

Thanks Lyle...you should consider the same combo with your marbled blanks. Just hook a buddy up with one when you do it! :biggrin:

hornet406

Both are outstanding looking pens. What is reverse painting? Is that painting the tube or inside of the blank??

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Seems the copper/green was a hit :biggrin:

Both are outstanding looking pens. What is reverse painting? Is that painting the tube or inside of the blank??

It's painting the inside of the drilled blank. With blanks that are fairly see through your color choices can really alter the overall look of the blank once turned.

Brooks803

What type of paint do you use?

I like to use Ceramcoat acrylic paint. I would bet that most of the craft paints at all the bigbox/hobby stores will work just fine. One thing I do after drilling but before painting is run a wire brush through the blank to clean it up for a better painting surface. Seems to help alot.

Top Bottom