Two from the lilac bush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DocRon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRon

Two views of a PSI bullet pen, made from the lilac bush in the backyard. CA.BLO finish.

2007213153059_lilacbul2w.jpg

2007213153218_lilacbul1w.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocRon

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Doc just a query/question how big is your pen.also the lilac bush has a very nice grain.[:)]

These are little stubby things. It is 4"" long by just over 5/8' at the widest part (100 x 15 mm). Meant to be carried in the pants pocket or the purse, or maybe in a daytimer. PSI calls it "the bullet pen", pg 34 of thr latest catalog ( not a plug - just information).

I like the wild, slightly violet colored streaks that occur in this stuff in the heart wood. The sap wood is quite pale, almost white. Turns easily, very fine grained.

DocRon

Originally posted by Tuba707
<br />Where do I get lilac???
Joel,I have never seen any commercially available. MIne has come from my own and my next door neighbor's yards. Older bushes will tend to have larger, dead or dying stems/branches. A solicitous visit to your neighbor with pruning saw in hand and an offer to trim said bushes can net you some nice wood.

rovercat

That is some nice wood. Lots of Lilac bushes in this part of Montana me neighbor is taking out his. Humm guess I will be bumming from him again. I also have some in my back yard but it is not very big.
Thanks for the post. I like the pen also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom