Two Bottle stoppers (without lathe)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Maximil

Maximil

Hello everybody,

I'm coming back to show you two bottle stopper I made this week-end. I have now a metal lathe, but I always prefer not use it to make bottle stopper :rolleyes:
bouchonschene1.jpg

bouchonschene2.jpg

These are simple but I love them.

The first, at the left of the first picture, is made with 4 quarters of french oak, which are glue at 90° each other to have a degradee of their wood's color. There is celluloid on top and at the bottom too. Finish is made with wax.

The second, at the right of the first picture, is made with oregon myrtlewood and padouk. Beautiful polish I find (240, 600, 1200, steel n°0000 and miror to polish). Wax for the finish.

Anothers from last month, a little more complicated:
biton.jpg

bouchon%20de%20bouteille%20violet.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Maximil

Those are very nice!
Your post title says "without lathe".. what mean ye?:)

Because I use a little drill like this :
Perceuse-255-BetD.jpg
which is attached on a table and in wich turn the stopper.

and a grinder like this:
meuleuse-d-angle-250255.jpg

No lathe is used for these bottle stopper. :)
Thanks

Maximil

Very neat way of doing the turning, Thank You for explaining!
With this method, I can turn wood, celluloid, stainless steel or even titanium without care about my tools. The only difference will be the heat and speed of abrasion. But the first reason was to turn without lathe ;)

bitshird

Very neat way of doing the turning, Thank You for explaining!
With this method, I can turn wood, celluloid, stainless steel or even titanium without care about my tools. The only difference will be the heat and speed of abrasion. But the first reason was to turn without lathe ;)

PUHLEASE be careful grinding Titanium also know as explosivium thee sparks can ignite other small TI swarf if you have any around the smaller the chips like off a lathe, the easier they are to ignite DAMHIKT and the flames are hard-to extinguish..

Top Bottom