Twisted Rotini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Last month when LOML and I were in Florida, we stopped by to visit Steve (AKBAR24601) and while drooling on his pens the wifey picked up a pen made from rotini and white Alumilite. After finding out what it was she looks me in the eye and says, "how come you have not made me one of these?" Uhh, Uhh, OK, when we get home. Two days ago she hands me a box of rotini and says nothing. I got the hint. Kinda hard to ca finish rope twist, so it sports a Deft spray on finish.

Attachments

• twisted rotini 001.jpg
    twisted rotini 001.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Oh...here I was looking to see how much you are trying to sell it to us for!
It looks good Gary. I tried turning one that someone made and it blew up...it wasn't rotini though, it was the big long round ones.

CaptG

I am lucky enough to have a Legacy Revo. It will do lots of thing I have not even tried yet. At least on purpose.

CaptG

Oh...here I was looking to see how much you are trying to sell it to us for!
It looks good Gary. I tried turning one that someone made and it blew up...it wasn't rotini though, it was the big long round ones.

Hey Jeff, Momma not gonna let me sell her pen, sigh. The rotini cast really nice, it is shaped so the alumilite pours right in real easy and hardly any bubbles.

bitshird

Gary, that's an awesome pen, rotini pens are some of my best sellers, but done on your Revo, it add a complete other dimension to a cool pen.

S

spiritwoodturner

Boy, that's really cool! I've casted and turned rotini, but not like that! Does your mill cut it clean enough that you don't need sanding?

Dale

CaptG

Boy, that's really cool! I've casted and turned rotini, but not like that! Does your mill cut it clean enough that you don't need sanding?

Dale

Dale, I use cooking spray for lube when milling, then I put the blanks on the lathe to taper the ends to match the hardware, then dry and clean blanks and lightly sand/polish with a piece of scotchbrite pad. They do come off the Revo fairly smooth.

JohnU

Nice Twist to the noodle pen! I havent been able to turn one complete without it blowing out on me. I must try harder!

Top Bottom