Twist Mechanism Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Evacuee

I've made dozens of pens, though not many in the last few years, withourt a problem. In the last week I have had three failures out of three attempts, all due to the twist mechanism not fitting tightly in the tubes. The kits are CSUSA and the pens are Artisan European. Two of the pens have a loose mechanism in the bottom tube and the other the top. If I interchange the good parts or good parts on older pens, they work well. I suspect that the problem may be with the tubes and maybe that the barrel trimmer cut into the brass tubes because there were some shavings left in the vise. Any ideas on what could be the problem or how to get a tighter fit for the mechanisms and save what has been done? Thanks.

I used to keep extra transmissions on hand for this problem. It is not a CSUSA problem I used to have this same problem from PSI and a few others. I have only been using CSUSA for a short period of time. I pretty much stopped making the 7mm pens because they were great to learn on but the pressed in for everything is problematic especially when things don't fit quite right. Try some of the other kits, maybe a
Apprentice Classica Apprentice Classica Pen Kit | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA this will give you a really nice pen and you won't have to press in the mechanism it screws in. This pen is easy to make and will be a great addition to your pens. Then if you like it you can get the higher end version out of the Artisan line. I like CSUSA because they carry their own line of kits, they are not a clone of PSI.

Evacuee

Thanks, Mike. I only make a few pens each year and always for Christmas presents and this is the first time I've had a problem. I'll take your advice.

Top Bottom